Daily Discussion: TNA’s big free agent signing

daily discussion

Today’s topic: When the ink dried on the contract, it stated that MMA star Quinton “Rampage” Jackson was coming to TNA. However, many had speculated on whom TNA might sign. Which free agent signing would actually benefit TNA the most?

Yesterday’s discussion – Pick your favorite Midnight Express line up

Feel free to suggest a daily discussion topic at betweentheropes@hotmail.com

Tags: , , ,

1. MC Live says:

It really doesn’t matter. Rampage is a bigger star than any wrestler TNA could sign. But they’re so second rate now it’s not even funny. I think TNA will only diminish Rampage’s reputation. I mean, look at the wonders it did for Tito Ortiz, and that’s when TNA was actually a good alternative

2. ~J* says:

whatever happen to that king mo guy…oh yeah he got ko’d and tna stopped promoting him, good luck to rampage there.

3. eddie says:

When was tito Ortiz in tna

4. Chewie215 says:

King,mo vs rampage for tna heavy weight title lol

5. Nick A says:

I’m guessing he’s here to actually learn to wrestle and if that’s the case, push him to the moon as a great crossover star and attraction. He and Angle could do some great business, I suspect, as could he and Samoa Joe.

If this is really a Bellator signing using TNA to promote one of their stars, as King Mo seemed to be, then who the hell cares?

6. Josh Dionio says:

@MC, Tito did it to himself by being a jerk to Dana White and then getting into drama with Jenna Jameson. As for who they should have signed, they could have gotten Alex Shelly back. That or Harry Smith, just to have someone with a great pedigree of genes.

7. nightmare says:

Wonder if he’ll go to OVW…

8. fairfax says:

I really dont think this is a bad decision on TNA’s part. Sounds like the same deal with MO. Spike and Bellator help pick up the tab and they try and market a guy with tremendous crossover appeal and potential. He’s basicaly signed to Spike TV. Which is a unique concept that I think Spike will set the precident for. I think you’ll eventually see more networks atempt the same with other stars in other genres. It’s really no different then the Food Network signing a celebrity chef like Rocco Despirito. They would utilize his crossover appeal and showcase the guy in as many different roles imaginable. Thats all Spike TV is doing.

As far as his chances of being a success in the ring? I think the potential is there. Remember Rampage is an acomplished actor as well. Sho he should be pretty decent on the mic. He can also lend some credibility to the “wrestling” product. Just a positive outlook.

9. T says:

Who? Beth Phoenix would have been nice.

Rampage being signed is OK if they do it right. Shamrock managed to make the transition from MMA to sports entertainment.

10. Big Travis says:

Complete letdown.

11. Shane says:

As I said in the other post, potentially huge signing for TNA. Potentially terrible signing for Bellator

12. Shane says:

I wish he woulda signed with WWE honestly and just left MMA behind

13. Steven says:

I guess Decon Batista wasn’t available

14. Nick Walters says:

@shane… despite what you see on television wwe isn’t that stupid. They would never sign him and why the hell should they? Lesnar was on top in the ufc and wwe has him now. They wouldn’t waste the money or their time.

15. jimmypink says:

Abdullah the Butcher

16. Shane says:

@Nick I’m just saying he has potential to become a decent pro wrestler. And he’s super entertaining. He could make money for the WWE. And, trust me, Lesnar may have once been at the top in the UFC but two brutal KOs left his star falling much faster than Rampage’s ever has. He was smart to leave the sport. And Rampage would be smart to do the same before he gets potentially King Mo’d. And generally, I like Rampage so I’d rather see him where they’d handle him at least semi properly than in TNA interacting with Hulk Hogan and T-Shirt Sting.

17. ~J* says:

Rampage was in WWE for one night only…as BA for the ateam promo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!