Major heat on Mark Henry

The Wrestling Observer reports that there is huge heat on Mark Henry right now from the creative side. The company had a storyline planned for him, and after the Sheamus match, or at some point last week, he said he was banged up and needed to take time off due to injuries.

Tags: , ,

1. dave says:

I don’t know how much weight this “story” has. It doesn’t seem legit, he’s a long serving wrestler, a heavy guy and prone to injury. Why do they ever book him in the long term? I suspect there’s someone angling for his release or some petty “journalists” out there.

If this turns out to be true, then it is still petty. They have plenty of younger, healthier guys to focus on, so the heat is not necessary.

2. Ryno says:

That animal just pulled them trucks man. Unless it is the sexual chocolate SL, let him rest up. Should have brought him back as face. Ruined it.

3. Drew says:

Big deal. Mark has been around long enough that he deserves time to heal up. WWE can just do the story when he gets back.

4. ~J* says:

somebody gon git they ass whip!

5. james says:

THAT’S WUT HE DO!

6. Guled says:

Sheamus brogue kicked him too much

7. M.J. Wright says:

I dont buy this. Rey has been out for how long?

8. Josh Dionio says:

I think this story has some merit. I had read that he was injured, but now it’s not as bad as they thought and he decided to take time off instead of working. It’s not the first time someone’s injury was thought worse to start off with and they decided to take time off.

9. raven12516 says:

Didn’t he just come back from an injury?

10. DBRude says:

I was happy when they moved Mark Henry to Smackdown and rejuvenated his character, but now, I’m bored. Like Dave said: they have younger, more talented, and less limited people on the roster that they should be focusing on. At this point, I just don’t feel like Mark Henry has anything to offer as an in-ring performer.

11. Cutting Edge says:

I don’t know what you guys are talking about. This dude JUST got back from an “injury”. He definitely deserves the heat. However, I never understood why they even bothered trying to push him. He’s too big a guy and outside of just pure domination, nothing creative puts him in will make any sense. They do have much younger, more talented guys on the roster they could use.

12. Adam says:

i get the frustration on creative’s side tho. He’s been in and out for a while, and just as soon as he gets back and they push him against one of their top faces, he’s gone again.

13. Budman316 says:

I believe Henry has been out almost 6 months every year since 1996 due to injuries. Hell, he lost the Olympic trials do to an injury…He is injury prone and 2 matches is enough for him to call himself banged up. I seen this mofo go through a buffet like a lawn mower on crab grass..

Bud316