Update on Dolph Ziggler

Dolph Ziggler’s concussion from the Smackdown tapings on Tuesday has been described as “serious” according to Jim Ross, who said that there’s no timeline as to when Ziggler will be returning to the ring. Speaking to WWE.COM, Ziggler said that he doesn’t even remember what happened the day before, his involvement at RAW, driving to Smackdown, and being at the tapings. The World Heavyweight champion told WWE.COM that his headaches have gotten better and on Friday he only had a slight headache, a big improvement over what he had yesterday. “I’ve had a couple of concussions before and just had a headache. I’ve never not remembered entire days, like someone in a movie,” Ziggler said, saying that this concussion has been the worst one so far in his career. The champ has been diagnosed with retrograde amnesia and he needs to go back to the doctor in a few days where he might need a scan. There has been no announcement over what will happen to Ziggler’s involvement at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view yet. The idea of him wrestling in a ladder match certainly won’t help his clearance!

(thanks to Colin Vassallo)

Tags: ,

1. Guled says:

hope the title’s not vacated ;__;

2. Mackdeezy says:

He may have to vacate the title. As much as I didn’t think he should have had the title yet to begin with, this was not what I had in mind. Get well, Nick Nemeth.

3. Gazz says:

I don’t know if anyone else is thinking the same, but in my opinion, if Dolph isn’t cleared to wrestle at Extreme Rules, I can see him on Raw having to vacate the title which will lead to a 1 on 1 Del Rio/Swagger ladder match, with Dolph getting a rematch against the winner maybe at SummerSlam.

4. Geoff says:

Now the Extreme Rules ppv will be completely unwatchable.

5. Big B says:

A work to breakup Ziggy and AJ, or maybe to help put Big E over? Or maybe this helps him forget about the Spirit Squad?

6. gerry says:

This sounds bad zigglers well being is more important than him keeping the title as much as I hate to say it vacating the title is what’s best if really neccesary l, bet wwe will mostly likely find a lousy way to do it.. alberto del rio vs jack swagger in ladder match at extreme rules, swagger wins heel keeps the title, swagger is now the top heel in the company..YAWN!!!

7. darko22582 says:

Why vacate. Punk didn’t with his knee.

8. cold says:

Big E will Defend the Title for Him, “Freebird Rule” in full effect

9. Hipnosis says:

His return should be coming back cashing in his WWE Case on Del Rio not knowing he’s already champ lol

I’m joking because I’m confident he will make a healthy speedy recovery….

10. havok says:

@darko…punk missed almost a month because of his knee, they didnt vacate the title cause they were building up towards rock & punk

11. josh says:

If I was the wwe creatove team I would vacant the titkr from dolph and scrape the show vs. Orton match…..

Fatal four way ladder match for the world title: Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger vs. Big Show vs. Randy Orton

12. JD Storm says:

@darko, comparing Punk’s knee injury to this is like comparing apples to oranges. most wrestlers are able to work around knee injuries, in most cases. concussions this severe can’t be worked around.