Jericho on Fandango: “I don’t know if he’s more over or the song is over, but at least there’s a reaction”

filed to GERWECK.NET:

Hooked on Wrestling, available in Apple and Android App stores for just £1.49 ($1.99), has released its May issue.

The app-based magazine is co-edited by Britain’s leading two wrestling journalists Patrick Lennon (The Daily Star, Wrestle Talk TV) and Rob McNichol (The Sun, The One Sided Ring)

It features an interview with Chris Jericho, who had the following to say about Fandango….

“I think probably when I did Dancing with the Stars Vince probably watched it and thought all the dancers looked gay and thought they’d make a great heel. This is his his new pet project. He loves it. He’s rolled with it from the start and now it’s getting over to a degree – I don’t know if he’s more over or the song is over, but at least there’s a reaction.

“To be honest I did a lot of that to make it happen. It’s why Vince put me with him for Wrestlemania. I wasn’t really super excited about it at the start as you can probably imagine but but then after a bit I realised what the task was and that it was a challenge!

“I told Vince probably about a week before Wrestlemania, he’s going to be a babyface soon. “Why?” he says. Because it’s such a ridiculous character and he plays it so well so far that most of the crowd will be cheering for him too.

“It’s hilarious. Here we are two weeks later and he’s the most over guy on the show. Well, at least his music is.”

May’s Hooked on Wrestling also features exclusive interviews with Sting, Dixie Carter and Nigel McGuinness, as well as many other regular features.

Website: www.hookedonwrestling.com

Twitter: @HO_Wrestling

Facebook: www.facebook.com/HOWrestling

Tags: , ,

1. kev says:

Any reaction is better than no reaction

2. Ahmad says:

Jericho said gay????

Future Endeavored!

3. Y_Set says:

Jim Johnston is true genius then.

4. Captain Ass says:

I’d definitely say it’s the song that’s over more than Fandango himself. And Vince is right, most male dancers are gay. Facts are facts.

5. Fake JD Storm says:

@Captain Ass, I’ve known you through various forms throughout various forums and whatnot over the years, but that might be the dumbest, most ignorant thing you’ve ever said. “And Vince is right, most male dancers are gay facts are facts.” How is that a fact? That’s an asumption. That’s like saying every actor who performs on Broadway must be gay because they sing and dance. That makes me think of an old Simpson quote, “Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of people know that.”

6. -J- says:

fandango character is stale already, the only reason it kind of got over was that rowdy crowd after mania singing along to the song since then it’s been dead.

7. Guled says:

I personally like the song. it’s just fandangoing is the most absurd thing i’ve ever seen

8. -J- says:

But I think it would be wise to push fandango for the world title doesnt matter if I think he is stale he is over thats all that matters

9. -J- says:

^^oh sweet the clone troll has returned…grow some balls junior and post as yourself.