Source on the projected Wrestlemania 29 buy rate: “downright shocking”

The early word on the WrestleMania 29 buy rate is that the initial data is not good relating to projections. The official number is not expected to be released for weeks, but a source indicates that the numbers being floating around are “downright shocking.”

Last year’s Wrestlemania generated 1,253,000 PPV buys.

source: WrestlingObserver.com

Tags: , ,

1. Shane Daly says:

Proof that no one wants to see recycled matches….

2. Mike Rophone says:

…Or any other match on the card, for that matter.

Taker vs Punk was on that card too. I thought that might be enough to offset the whole “same main even 2 years in a row” thing.

Not good…

3. T says:

Hmmm. I will guess 800K.

4. Deathedge says:

750,000 or somewhere around that. They really shouldn’t be surprised. Even the casual fans were not too big on the Cena-Rock showdown last year (the match itself that is) so why would they pay for a rematch. That, and the build up simply wasn’t as good.

Knowing WWE though, they’ll blame it on Taker-Punk. -_-’

5. Joe says:

They aren’t going to blame it on the rematches of their main men (HHH, Lesnar, Cena, and Rock). The Alberto vs Swagger fued has been downright boring too.
    Serves them right, this was the worst mania is recent history.

6. Jb says:

Maybe they shouldn’t raise the price up $15 from last year.

7. -J- says:

Allow the purity of fail to guide.

8. James says:

I buy Wrestlemania usually every year. This was the first that I didn’t in some time. Also I wasn’t really going to pay for finishes I knew were coming. Rock losing, and Taker winning weren’t exactly hard to see.

9. jim says:

Only a blind man couldn’t see how the hype and build this yr was just plain weak

10. JLM3 says:

I wasn’t going to buy it, but a friend did so I watched.. Taker VS Punk was decent, shoulda been Hell In A Cell… the rest of the show sucked the big one.. and that is my UNbiased review.

11. Captain Ass says:

I have a good idea…how about we see the actual numbers and not speculate? First reports, especially unconfirmed ones, are often wrong. It’ll be a discussion when the numbers are confirmed.

12. havok says:

it wasnt a terrible show, but it wasnt a memorable…but that doesnt matter, because people probably didnt buy it because they jacked the price up and & because 2 of the main matches happened within the last year…being a bad show after it is ordered isnt gonna effect the buyrate

13. Meh says:

Best match was CM Punk vs Undertaker. The Raw after WrestleMania 29 felt more like WrestleMania than WrestleMania did.