Update on the promoter trashed by Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman
After Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman trashed Marvin Ward on Twitter, Top Rope Pro Wrestling posted the following statement
Top Rope Pro Wrestling announced today that Marvin Ward is leaving the company. Ward, a consultant with Top Rope, had been offered a position with another entertainment company in the weeks leading up to April 13 Night of the Superstars and decided to take it, but stayed on with Top Rope through the show to see it to its conclusion.
“This is a great opportunity for me and my family that I just couldn’t pass up. I wish Top Rope well, and thank them for the opportunities that they have provided me,” Ward said in a statement.
“We’re sorry to see Marvin go, but we’re excited for him that he’s going to be able to take a step up in the promotions industry,” said Chris Graham, the president of Top Rope.
The next scheduled Top Rope Pro Wrestling event, “The Shawn Michaels Experience,” a VIP meet and greet and fan Q&A with Michaels, is scheduled for Aug. 31 in Waynesboro, Va.