Notes on Mick Foley’s WWE HOF speech
Apr 6, 2013 - by Steve Gerweck
- WWE Hall of Famer Terry Funk on Mick Foley: “I love him like an ugly brother.”
- Arena wide “thank you Foley” chant at the Garden
- Foley has some fun with Duggan saying “we’re not the same guy” and is so happy the Bella’s are back in WWE.
- Foley: “I feel bad for WWE HoF Class of 2014, this year is stacked.”
- Foley says Snuka’s splash off the cage at MSG is sill the most impressive sight he’s ever seen in his life.
- Foley says many wrestlers didn’t care for his style but saw his passion and helped him along the way
- Foley couldn’t afford the 100 a week fee for wrestling school, offered 50, Domenic said “it’s too much, you pay 25″
- Foley gives props to Shane Douglas
- What was Foley thinking during HITC when tooth went through his lip? If he could get tongue through hole and wiggle, it would be great TV.
- Foley gives props to Taker. Says often when facing Taker, he & “Uncle Paul” would show their goosebumps to each other at ringside.
- Foley says he never beat Chris Jericho. Camera goes to Jericho and he mouths “not once!”
- Foley’s speech was roughly 35-40 minutes.
(thanks to Arda Ocal)