Notes on Booker T’s WWE hall of fame speech
Apr 6, 2013 - by Steve Gerweck
(photo credit: WWE)
- Stevie Ray says while Booker T was in prison, SR would visit him often and they would talk pro wrestling.
- Booker says Sid Vicious was the guy who gave him “the call” to go to WCW – Sid was trying to get an office job at the time
- Booker gives props to Sherri Martel, “The one who legitimized Harlem Heat”
- Booker says the night he first won the WCW TV title, Rick Martel was supposed to win but he forgot his boots/tights at home.
- When Booker got to WWE, Linda McMahon said to him “we finally got you” and Booker never forgets that.
(thanks to Arda Ocal)