More WWE hall of fame notes
Apr 6, 2013 - by Steve Gerweck
- Maria Menounos says Backlund once did the Harvard Step Test for 8 hours straight. The 8 year old me is marking out right now.
- Backlund refused to turn heel in 80s, saying it would hurt his standing with at risk youth. Left lot of money matches on table.
- Backlund respects Bruno because he paved the way for him.
- Vince McMahon: Donald Trump is a WrestleMania Institution.
- Vince: “Second only to me, Donald might make a great president of the United States”
- Vince: “I’m the ugliest bald man ever” Fan: “Hogan?” Vince: “Hogan’s name was mentioned, that’s an unfortunate occurrence”
- Donald Trump is getting booed pretty loudly here tonight.
- Donald Trump challenges Vince McMahon to a fight “next year”. Wants to break PPV records
- The Donald’s speech didnt last long
- Bruno is proud that he headlined at MSG more than anybody else in MSG history, wrestling or otherwise.
- Bruno talking about his childhood, running from Nazis in Italy.
- Bruno married his high school sweetheart and they are still married 54 years later.
- Bruno will turn 78 in a couple of months. He still trains 6 days a week.
- Bruno says its the publicity of headlining MSG that gave him the ability to headline everywhere else
- Bruno just concluded. Not one person is sitting down. Full standing ovation.
(thanks to Arda Ocal)