Wrestlemania 29 press conference photos & notes
Apr 4, 2013 - by Steve Gerweck
- Matt Striker hosted the pre show which featured a bunch of video segments. Michael Cole is hosting the press conference.
- Diddy, Living Color will be performing at Wrestlemania. Charlie Sheen, Jimmy Fallon, Tyson, Snookie, Lil Wayne also appearing.
- Fandango interrupts Cole. He has a new dancer, who sort of looks like Summer Rae.
- John Saboor, EVP Special Events up next
- Vince McMahon is next. Says this is a dream come true for him.
(This title was presented to the New York Giants by Triple H when they won the Superbowl in 2011)
- The first couple of WWE. Stephanie McMahon confirms over 75,000 people to attend
- Steph: social media ambassadors during #Wrestlemania will reach 50-60 million people. Coldplay also listed as Social Media Ambassadors.
- John Cena will host around 40 Make A Wish children during Wrestlemania
- WWE app has a #Wrestlemania section which will include arena maps, weather forecasts, event schedules and more.
- Mark Henry says he’s proud to be born in Texas but is proud to live in Harlem, New York.
(special thanks Arda Ocal)
- “I will not only break the Undertaker’s streak, I will break the Undertaker” said CM Punk.
- The Rock: “Some have their wrestling debut in a flea market or gym, I had mine at MSG”
- Rock is reflecting on his grandfather, “High Chief” Peter Maivia, who never had a chance to wrestle in front of a big stadium crowd in NY/NJ.
- Rock: “We’ve had our differences, but there is no-one better as an opponent for me than John Cena. No-one even comes close.”
- John Cena just called CM Punk an “average looking pedestrian”.
- Cena pulling an Antonio Cesaro and addressing fans in French and Mandarin.