Daily Discussion: Best heel turn

Today’s topic: What was the best heel turn you have ever seen?

Yesterday’s discussion – Best musical performance

Feel free to suggest a daily discussion topic at betweentheropes@hotmail.com

Tags:

1. Denis says:

While Hogan’s turn was memorable, there were several others. Windham turning on Luger and joining the Four Horsemen is near the top because Windham had been a face for his whole career and no one saw this coming. Sgt. Slaughter’s turn drew so much heat that his family had to go into hiding. Larry Z’s turn on Bruno Sammartino was shocking, as was Jimmy Valiants turn on Chief Jay Strongbow. And let’s not forget Pez Whatley’s and Manny Fernandez’s turn on Valiant, or Paul Jones turning on Ricky Steamboat and Dusty Rhodes joining the nWo. Man there were some good ones.

2. Skeeter Valentine says:

How abound Buff Bagwell turning on Scotty Riggs?

Or Bully Ray?

Those may be the best two.

3. sickening_now says:

for me it would have to be lita’s on the main event raw edge vs kane. she went from being the most popular female superstar to the most hated woman in the company. she played that role with perfection; always getting a reaction from the crowd.

4. Ahmad says:

Probably not the best, but my favorite was Batista turning and absolutely destroying Mysterio.

5. jimmy pink says:

Hogans turn was the best.

6. matt says:

Randy Savage dumping Miss Elizabeth for Sensational Sherri

HBK turning on Marty Jannetty

Paul Bearer turning on Undertaker

Sherri’s WCW managerial debut- turning on Sting & helping Flair become the Unified World Champion was a good one too! She left WWE as a face & didn’t officially turn heel in WCW til that night!

7. MC Live says:

It has to be Hogan. That changed the entire business, and it’s the heel turn all others are compared to. Although, his turn at Bound For Glory 2010 was so good and unpredictable, right (sarcasm). The Hogan heel turn is one that everyone tries to recreate, so much in fact, TNA has kept trying to do it continually for the past 10 years.

Michaels turning on Janetty is number two in how much it’s remembered and talked about.

A personal favorite of mine is when Eddie turned on Rey. Everything after may not have been the best angle, but Eddie made some magic as a heel. And I’ll always remember when he dropped Rey on the stairs, and Rey was left bloody and with a ripped mask.

8. darko22582 says:

The entirety of stone colds heel turn was kinda suck ass (except the what? Chants and Kurt angle going babyface) but the initial.shock that night at X-7 in. Houston was mind blowing and IMO rivaled hogans

9. Nitro says:

Hacksaw Jim Duggan turning on America and joining Team Canada!

10. Tony says:

Triple H pedigreeing HBK on raw during a dx “reunion” that led to triple h run as top heel in the business for a good 4 years almost which led to The birth of evolution and out of which came the viper and the animal

11. Guled says:

Everyone’s relyed on Hogan’s turn, my favorite would have to be CM Punk’s turn at Raw 1000. It was shocking; ( and the fact that no one saw it coming..) My uncle spat out the soda he had in disbelief also hehe.

12. James says:

The Davey Boy Smith heel turn in 1995 was just as shocking as Windham’s was. Nobody expected it. I’d expect it from Dynamite Kid, but not Davey Boy.

13. Adam says:

triple h on hbk in 02 was great, but hogan’s heel turn was probably the most jaw-dropping

14. mike says:

When 1-2-3 kid turned on razor Ramon 95

15. Mackdeezy says:

Eddie Guerrero’s heel RUN in 04 was pretty good, the turn was a little weird but mehh, at least the run kept me going. I wouldnt know who had the best turn but i thought Kanes last heel turn was pretty good. Yup, Hogans was the best for me

16. Neumanrko9 says:

It’s gotta be Hogan at Bash at the Beach followed up closely by Austin at WM17 (who thought you would ever see Austin and McMahon team up?!) but I will say if Cena ever turns heel it will probably eclipse all of these

17. The Sheild says:

I’m gonna say HHH turning on DX to join the corporation, nobody saw that coming. I remember watching that Mania as a kid & being so pissed when he pedigreed X-Pac, it’s one of my fondest wrestling memories

18. Ian says:

Hogan, HBK, Windham all come to mind as big deals for me all in their own way.

Hogan’s obviously was the biggest in the entire scheme of things and for the entire wrestling business, but the other two were big in their own ways.

19. Paul says:

Yah, second biggest was Michaels/Janetty Barbershop segment. Props again to Slaughter in ’91 as an Iraqi sympathizer, and HHH turning on DX to go Corporate…

Rikishi being revealed as the hit and run driver was the worst. It had potential, but they didn’t stick with it, and eventually, HHH “put him up to it.”

20. Mr. Black says:

Michaels turning on jannetty is probably my favorite heel turn. I would also have to go with the rock turning on the fans, winning the wwe championship and joining the corporation at survivor series 98.

21. Denis says:

James, try as I might I can’t remember the Davey Boy Smith turn.

22. Mattyman says:

Honestly I think a lot of people forgot the Mark Henry heel turn because he sucked so bad as a face.