Report: Ken Shamrock contacts WWE about returning

According to the The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, UFC hall of famer Ken Shamrock, 49, has been calling WWE wanting to come back but there hasn’t been any interest shown and he really hasn’t gotten any response.

Tags: , ,

1. Paul says:

Another guy that should have went further. Badly misused after ’98. This guy was really over back then. I’d love to see him get another run. Feud with Swagger over the ankle-lock at least…

2. Zachery Badman says:

Agree hands down

3. Xander Chang says:

Wow, bring this dude back instead of the same old guys like Dusty Rhodes and Roddy Piper.

4. Bob says:

Ill be honest, ken shamrocks tenure in the wwe is past the time I started watching wrestling. Ie heard about him and know he had a ic title run but was this guy any special? Would he be worth returning?

5. Asterik says:

If Ken Shamrock does come back, I would like to see him feud with Brock Lesnar at this year’s Summerslam. Former MMA fighters in the WWE ring mixing it up that would bring ratings!

6. StunningSteve says:

I am sure he would bring more energy than Lesnar, despite being quite a bit older. Lesnar looks like he just shows up to pick up a paycheck.

7. Meh says:

Shame Angle is in TNA! If anything Shamrock should go back to TNA (The company he was the first World Heavyweight Champion in) so he can finally face Kurt Angle. Also Shamrock vs Joe would be interesting to see.

8. Kid Vicious says:

“Hey Vince, we’ve got 1997 on the phone. Are you free to take the call?”

I mean, seriously. He was moderately over 16 years ago. A job behind the scenes training the youngsters could be a possibility, but an on-screen return? No thanks.

9. Aderpa Derp says:

Looks like someone needs money to pay for the legal costs from that UFC lawsuit

10. DBRude says:

I thought TNA was the wrestling retirement home. JK. I’m with Kid Vicious. It’s too late for an on-screen return, but as a trainer…? That could work!

11. cas says:

he heeds to just find another way to pay the bills. the only shamrock that needs to return is his sister ryan shamrock. let her sit with x-pac somehwere.

12. JD Storm says:

i can see an occassional on screen return. WWE does that for other past stars. most i would do is an agent or trainer…..something that would help develop the younger talent.

13. Kerry says:

I wonder how many people know that Ken started out in professional wrestling before he became “The world’s most dangerous man” in MMA?

14. -J- says:

that’s nice ken was the man in his day.

15. that Dude says:

He would be a great commodity to have behind the scenes like JD mentioned above me. Have him help the kids down in FCW or NXT, whatever it’s called these days. I don’t think we absolutely need him back as an on-air performer, at least in a wrestling sense. And well, since he didn’t (from that I remember, anyway) really have the charisma, an on-air role as an “authority figure” is probably out, too. Oh and @Cas, you do realize that “Ryan Shamrock” isn’t really his sister or even her name right?

16. Guled says:

finally should be given another chance.
    i mean they brought back lesnar for a reason

17. Agent Cooper says:

He was one of my favorites during the Attitude era and never got the push he really deserved. Too late for a comeback probably. Not like the WWE would suddenly use him well anyway since they haven’t shown the ability to use anyone well recently.

18. Scott II says:

If he wants to male an appearance here and there, that’d be cool.

But the guy is 49. If he’s looking to return full-time, forget about it!

19. Jakey McJakerson says:

I wish he would come back and have a match with our so called champion.