Price tag for Wrestlemania 29 on PPV

WWE is set to make some more money off of those who purchase
WrestleMania 29 on pay-per-view as all major operators are listing the
price for the HD version at $69.99 while the normal SD version will cost
$59.99. The HD version is around $5 more than what WWE charged for the
last two WrestleManias. The online stream of the pay-per-view will cost
$20 on the WWE.COM website and it is available to fans in around 100
countries worldwide. The event will also be streamed on the WWE app. The
last WrestleMania, held in Miami, did just over 1.2 million buys
worldwide, the biggest WWE pay-per-view in company history.

(thanks to Colin Vassallo)

Tags: , ,

1. doug says:

And that ladies and gentlemen is why I wait 3 weeks and buy the dvd for $20 instead.

2. -J- says:

wow…biggest wrestlemanina ever in terms of cost to the fans.

3. And it will probably be the same £14.95 for us UK folks. :-)

4. gerry says:

This is why I wait until the next day to download it for free.;-)

5. Jamie says:

@Kyle – I think it was going up this year…to £17.95!

6. James says:

and i’ll be watching it a few hours later on a download. Screw that.

7. Matt says:

Seriously? Wow…. luckily I have a friend who is stupid enough to pay for it so I’ll be seeing it for free.

8. havok says:

$60 is pushing it for a bunch of rematches

9. @Jamie I’ll still get it. :-)

10. The Raven says:

Just buy the $20 stream on WWE.com and hook it up the TV. Problem solved. No way I’m paying $60 for the TV version when that option is available.

11. The Raven says:

Just checked and that online stream is actually $54.99, not $20. So much for that idea. I had a feeling it was too good to be true. Maybe the app is $20?

12. Captain Ass says:

I never buy live PPV’s anymore. I buy 2 yearly DVD’s, which are usually only the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.

13. MoneyInTheBank187 says:

get two friends to watch it , 20 dollars each.

14. M.J. Wright says:

As The Raven just stated, the online PPV is $54.99, NOT $20.00! Now I live in the Northeast and it is cold and snowing up here. I hope it doesnt snow in 2 weeks! This is why people stream for free & download so much. WAYYYYY too expensive.

15. jj fact says:

I think you people are missing the whole point of the event. What’s the point of watching it the next day even for free. I can see downloading movies or music for free but an a live event is intended to be watched live. You losers probably think WWE gets to use metlife stadium for free, all the advertising they do for wrestlemania is free, and madison square garden is free for use by the wwe for the hall of fame ceremony. I don’t agree with pure greed and if I thought they were over charging fans due to greed I would say so. But 69.99, 59.99, and 20 bucks to stream online doesn’t seem like that bad of a deal.

16. cheezer says: