Former superstar wouldn’t return unless WWE dropped THC testing

Former WWE superstar Val Venis was asked on Facebook: Would you quit the green to return to WWE?

he replied:

Nope, WWE would have to stop with the stupid testing and fines for THC before I would ever even consider working with them again.

Tags:

1. Dragon says:

I think I just marked for Val?!?!?!

2. Alex says:

So weed is better than millions o dollas?

Whow.

3. MC Live says:

Would anybody want him back? I don’t but I agree. It’s so stupid how WWE test for illegal drugs. I mean it’s so stupid for a company to ban their superstars from committing crimes. How stupid to not want the people you pay to commit felonies. Wow, that’s so stupid

4. Prince Dann says:

I really don’t like the guy.

I’ve clashed with him on twitter about his public support of marijuana. I don’t smoke it, and I don’t have an issue with people who do. But he practically endorses it like its his brand, and encourages it. Which I think is inappropriate and mindless. I don’t care if he comes back or not, he was always just a midcard/nothing special.

5. Zach says:

@Alex millions of dollars? It’s Val Venis, not Hulk Hogan during the WCW days lol

6. Scott II says:

Gonna agree with Val on this. This isn’t steroids or such we are talking about. We are talking about a drug that will make you kill a bag of Doritos at worst. I know it’s illegal, but let’s be real Vinnie, you can look past your superstars smoking a doob now and again

7. art123guy says:

I just hope WWE reads that before they go begging him to work with them again. It would save them a lot of time and embarrassment.

8. Hipnosis says:

lmao Okay Val. Keep smokin’ joints. WWE will do just fine without ya.

9. Snow says:

Stupid useless druggie.

10. SAI says:

Huh. Not RVD…

Well played, Gerweck.net. Well played.

11. Fisha695 says:

This article has got to be the biggest swerve in wrestling news site history. Steve did you hire Vince Russo as the title writer or something? haha

12. T says:

It is not a crime to smoke it in Colorado and Washington.

13. Hmmm says:

I honestly thought this was a RVD story.

14. Fisha695 says:

@T, actually it is a crime, a Federal crime & Federal law trumps State & Local law (always has).

15. seth d says:

well played gerweck.net thought it was RVD
    You know damn well J.Hardy wouldn’t last 1 month in WWE, or till they did a drug test

16. -J- says:

well there goes the return that EVERYONE has been waiting for! ‘___’

17. Shockmaster Suplex says:

I’m sure with all the bumps he’s taken over the years, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he’s a medical marijuana patient, a lot of people including myself choose to use this method as a alternative to pain management, many patients don’t want to use pharmaceutical drugs as a means to treating chronic pain.

18. Drew says:

“Hello ladies!” is now “Hello doobies!”

19. The Raven says:

And this is why you don’t do drugs, kids.

20. StunningSteve says:

It isn’t a federal crime for simple posession. What you are talking about is trafficking. There are a lot of redneck morons on this message board.It also isn’t a felony in most places. Where it is illegal it is a misdemeanor. I stopped smoking after high school but I love how the idiots get on here and insult pot smokers and half of you would think nothing of alcohol which is far more dangerous. Things are changing fast in this country and clearly you aren’t going to like the way things are gonna go.

21. Craig says:

Its a controversial issue, but when you have a state in America where it is 100% legal, surely testing for it, is a bit pointless?