Former WWE divas contacted about returning

As we previously noted, WWE made the decision to contact former WWE divas about returning to the company. The Bellas agreed to new WWE deals, and returned this week on Raw (Brianna is still the girlfriend of Daniel Bryan). The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that WWE also reached out to former divas Kelly Kelly (Barbie Blank) and Maryse (pictured above). The door is open for their returns, but as of now, neither have come to terms. Maryse recently announced her engagement to The Miz.

Tags: , , ,

1. Greg says:

Kelly Kelly I wouldn’t be too fussed about, but I thought Maryse was really starting to become something special right around the time she left. She just had a presence about her that a lot of the the other girls lacked and I think her title reigns were pretty strong. I’d love to see her back in the company.

Still, though, I don’t know why they’ve not brought Paige up yet? Did she go down with a legit injury recently or was that storyline? She’s ready for the main roster and has been for quite some time.

AJ, too, is… I don’t want to say wasted as Dolph’s valet, cuz she could still do that too, but she should be mixing it up in the Diva’s division as well. There’s no reason she couldn’t do both, and her vs. Kaitlyn is a feud waiting to happen that practically writes itself given their history.

2. deathedge says:

Maryse was pretty solid in the ring before she left, has charisma, and is pretty darn hot to boot. Hope she comes back.

K2… Meh. I thought she had improved towards the end of her run, but she just doesn’t have much beyond looks.

3. truth says:

KK is the face the division is desperately lacking. Kaitlyn is not cut out for that role and so bad that she hasn’t been on Raw in 6 weeks.

Maryse is 30 and oft injured. Toward the end of her time in WWE she has hardly even wrestling.

4. Meh says:

I rather see Molly Holly.

5. -J- says:

bring in mickey james victoria kharma lita some of the wow women angelina love etc…iah yeah its wwe just sign some penthouse rejects.

6. Simba says:

Bring back Maxine – vicious and delicious (plus she had the greatest ring attire of the past 5 years by a mile!) ^_^

7. deathedge says:

@truth

I saw her on TV the past few weeks… Not wrestling but awkardly flirting with Cody Rhodes… but still on TV.

8. Jamie says:

They should stop farming talents and bring in the ones who have it from other places besides the wwe. Paige needed to be old enough to travel wwe schedule. I would like to see new faces that can wrestle and a few TNA knockouts.

9. Ryno says: