Daily Discussion: Hulk Hogan vs. Bully Ray?

Today’s topic: Intentionally or unintentionally, TNA has been teasing a possible Bully Ray vs. Hulk Hogan match. Is that a match you would want to see?

Yesterday’s discussion – TNA’s Lockdown PPV

Feel free to suggest a daily discussion topic at betweentheropes@hotmail.com

Tags: , ,

1. Ethan Skie says:

I can answer this in one word “NO”

2. Dragon says:

If it holds the potential of Ray legitimately crippling Hogan. I’m all for it.

3. doug says:

Absolutely not. Hogan is like everyone knows way past his prime and being held together duct tape probably, and would kill whatever momentum Ray has pushing him forward. Ray is one of the best things going in tna right now I hope they don’t screw it up like they did Aries.

4. VDT says:

Could we see the mighty Nick Hogan come in to defend his families honour Hahaha!

5. killpg says:

well, tna will be part of wwe collection in 5 years if he does. cant wait to see the Rise and Fall Of TNA dvd in 7 or 8 years

6. sladgehammer says:

All this storyline is clearly pointing to AJ Styles winning the World Title at BFG “freeing” TNA from the A’s & 8’s. I foresaw Bully Ray with the A’s & 8’s and his world title winning three months ago when they didn’t start the build-up for Ray-Devon. TNA is becoming a little bit predictable…

7. sicbink says:

I hope not. We’ll probably see the “finger-poke of doom”, though…

8. Phil says:

There’s never a time Im not interested in seeing the Hulkster wrestle!

9. cas says:

no that is not a match i would like to see. that does nothing for the company. bully is already over on his heel return. if hogan beat him for the title, they may as well shut tna down. if bully beats him, it doesn’t make him any stronger. i’m not sure they thought this angle out

10. Scott II says:

Only for the reason Dragon stated.

Otherwise, it’d be another painfully obvious attempt by the huckster… Hulkster to keep himself in the ring.

11. Guled says:

“watcha gonna do when my 60-year old wrinkly body drop on you!”

12. Boogeyman says:

Sweet Jesus. No.

13. Jau says:

When did TNA tease this match?!

14. jim says:

Garbage. No. But I never was a hulk fan.

15. gerry says:

Hulk against anyone would be a horrible match..hulk hogan vs cm punk in chicago would be a bad match

16. MC Live says:

No. Just absolutely no

17. nah.. would not want to see it.I can see Hogan in the corner of Aj Styles , vs Bully ray

18. Mike says:

As much as I love Hogan, NO

19. bup says:

I’d love to see it…..if Hogan can physically do it. Make it a street fight to hide his immobility. And Bully would absolutely have to go over, preferably clean.

20. jaysbee says:

If the match does go ahead I wouldn’t be suprised to see and mcmahon-helmsley type storyline where brook will turn on hogan to aline with bully and aces.

21. Greg says:

Hogan stated a while back that he would never step foot in the ring to fight another match. I am not sure that his body would stand another match. I would say No absolutely not.

22. The Boss says:

If HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN has decided that he wants to wrestle again then yes indeed it should be for the world title. Sure he may be past his past his prime, but there is a big difference between being past your prime and being washed up.

I can’t explain it, but the guy can still draw more energy from a crowd than anyone and crowd energy is what truly makes a match exciting. He may be limited to what he can do physically, but he still tells a better story in the ring than anyone else. To this day no one has been able to follow one of his matches – no matter how limited he is – because they can’t draw the energy out of the crowd. And for that reason, next to HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN everyone else looks dull.

I’m always cautious about him getting into the ring at this point. But if he feels he can do it, then HELL YES!

23. jimmy pink says:

No No No. TNA should give the title to aries or aj or roode,that is. They dont need any booker just give the title to one of them and the fans will love it.

24. Jason says:

HOGAN! HOGAN! HOGAN! HOGAN!

YES! YES! YES! YES!

I’ve always wanted to be at one of his matches when he wins a title. I don’t care how old he is. I don’t care if he can’t hold it long. I don’t care if he loses it in his first defense, or vacates it the next day. To have that moment where Hogan wins the world title and be able to have a chance to experience Hulkamania at that level is worth everything and I would make sure that I am there to see it.