Rey Mysterio’s WWE future in question

The good news for Rey Mysterio is that he won’t require knee surgery again, but his future with WWE is considered up in the air. When he returns, he will have to wrestle with a knee brace. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that when Mysterio mentioned to one company official that the knee was torn about a week ago, it was brought up that he should consider retiring from the ring.

Mysterio is likely one more major injury away from having to need a complete knee replacement. He currently has about one year left on his contract.

Tags: ,

1. MC Live says:

I love Rey. He was once upon a time my favorite wrestler. But he can’t move anything like how he used to. With all his injuries, it’s time to retire. He just doesn’t have it anymore, and he’s really losing a lot of steam. I say have a great last match and go out on your own will while you still can

2. Cade Sydal says:

He would be a road agent for the smaller guys on the roster, help them put their matches together so their high spots make sense and such.

3. PAZ says:

AS MUCH AS IT SEEMS, I AGREE THAT MYSTERIO NEEDS TO RETIRE. AS FOR THE ONE YEAR LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT, HAVE HIM RETIRE AS AN IN RING PERFORMER BUT KEEP HIM ON AS A TALENT SCOUT, COMMENTATOR OR SOMETHING UNTIL THE END OF HIS CONTRACT.

4. Y_Set says:

Rey should have one last match at Summerslam. They could have Sin Cara as his opponent in traditional “passing the torch” thing, or they could have Rey fighting somebody who has historic feud with him, like CM Punk, Big Show, or JBL.

5. jim says:

Just stop. Not worth it rey. Don’t be another crippled wreslter

6. Fairfax says:

Grab the matches boys, I know I’ll get heat on this one but I really think Rey should consider going to TNA once his contact is up. I only say this because lets face it guys, Rey’s been wrestling since he was 14. What else is the guy going to do? I don’t think retirement at least at this point is something he’d consider. Given TNA’s much lighter schedule he could work 2-3 times a month and still make pretty decent money. And TNA has always had good relations in mexico so Rey could also go back home, to where he got his start and made a name for himself. I know you’d all say that TNA was signing another WWE castoff but it makes perfect sense. Rey vs AJ, Daniels, Joe, Angle, RVD. Just my two cents.

7. -J- says:

ddp yoga to the rescue!

8. Lovesickblues3 says:

T-N-rAy

9. I agree with @Cade Sydal. Seems like a good idea.

10. Steven Jackson says:

I love Rey Mysterio with all my heart. He was one of the first people who got me into wrestling and I would personally like him to retire with his head and mask held high. Its sad seeing Rey now as he is not the wrestler he used to be and I think he can give much more to the business now being backstage or in an ambassador position, like HBK, than causing himself more unnecessary pain and injuries. He can have one last classic match, retire and then spend some well deserved time with his family.

11. Hipnosis says:

So Rey Mysterio….. you still got DDP’s number bro ;) lol

12. Budman316 says:

its called aging. it happens to all of us..

Bud316

13. Adam says:

Fairfax, I totally agree with you. Rey won’t quit. It’s all he’s ever known. If he won’t give it up, then TNA is the place for him.