3/8 WWE house show results from Colorado Springs, CO
(1) Brodus Clay (w/”Sweet T”) beat Heath Slater (w/Jinder Mahal). Fun opener. Clay won with his big splash. They grabbed a few kids out of the front row to come into the ring and dance after the match.
A video from The Shield then played. They vowed to put an end to the Cena problem tonight.
(2) Alex Riley beat Titus O’Neil. Riley looked great and the crowd hadn’t completely forgot about him. Riley won with his finishing reverse spinning neckbreaker. The Shield came out to attack him after the match.
(3) Bray Wyatt (The former Husky Harris) beat JTG. Wyatt seems to have changed his look enough, no one around me had any idea who he was from his former persona or his current stint on NXT. I was excited to see him wrestle, since he’s usually in a manager role on NXT. He looked great, but I’m not sure if he will connect with the audience. Very strange gimmick, and I could be wrong, but don’t see this leading to a main event spot. Wyatt won clean over JTG.
(4) The Miz beat Dolph Ziggler (w/A.J. Lee). Big E. was banned from ringside after a Twitter vote. Great match, probably best wrestling on the card. Lots of Flair strutting from both Miz and referee Charles Robinson. Miz won with a figure-four leglock.
(5) Divas champion Kaitlyn beat Tamina Snuka to retain the Divas Title. Vickie came out with Tamina as her manager. Her distraction back-fired and Kaitlyn won with a spear.
(6) C.M. Punk beat Zack Ryder. Punk squashed Ryder, who had no offense in the match. After a GTS, he crossed Ryder’s arms and pinned him in Undertaker fashion. He then cut a promo selling the crowd to want to watch WrestleMania to see Taker lose.
(7) Ryback & John Cena beat The Shield via DQ in a two-on-three handicap match. The babyfaces started strong, got beat down after the numbers took advantage, and as they came back, a chair was brought in by The Shield to end the match by DQ.