Paul Bearer passes away

WWE have just posted a tweet on the sad passing of William Moody aka Paul Bearer.

WWE posted in their article:

WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer. Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years.

Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans.

Source: WWE

Tags: , , , ,

1. Meh says:

RIP Paul Bearer :(

Now the only former manager of Undertaker that can be there for Undertaker’s Hall of Fame induction (whenever that happens) is Ted DiBiase Sr. (Unless WWE does another argeement with TNA to get Bruce “Brother Love” Prichard to induct Taker. Since WWE had an agreement with TNA where Christian made an appearance on TNA while still a WWE wrestler in exchange for Ric Flair making an appearance at the Hall of Fame when the 4 Horsemen were inducted into the WWE HOF while Flair at that time was still a TNA wrestler.)

2. Prince Dann says:

The best ever, at what he did, bar none. They need to tribute him.. at WM, before Taker-Punk, play a montage of all the great historic moments of Taker and Paul, and at the end of the montage, state the following match is in honour of Mr William Moody- aka Paul Bearer.

RIP to the single greatest pro wrestling manager in history. Wrestling was clearly his one passion, listening to his interviews. One hell of a manager, actor and storyteller.

3. Fisha695 says:

I was fine til I read this tweet from Bret Hart, then I just lost it.
    “Goodbye to a good friend, Paul Bearer. Say hi to Owen for me.”

4. What says:

Now that Paul is gone, maybe Taker’s Mania streak will rest in peace? Time will tell…

5. Nick Lendl says:

Paul Bearer will always be remembered as one of the greatest wrestling managers of all time. Other than maybe Bobby Heenan I can’t think of any manager that had as big of an impact on the show as Bearer did.

To me the Kane/Undertaker storyline from 1997-1998 was the most clever and interesting story telling angle I can remember. It honestly made me wonder what would happen next week every week. Without Paul, The Undertaker or Kane would have never lasted as long as they have, nor would Kane have gotten over. Added to all of this are the many great things people have said about him… from helping the younger guys to taking time to talk to fans. A true legend, a great man, and future hall of famer. No pun intended, but may he rest in Peace.

6. NICK LENDL says:

Paul Bearer will always be remembered as one of the greatest wrestling managers of all time.Other than maybe Bobby Heenan, I can’t think of any other manager that had as big of an impact on the show as Bearer did.

To me, the Kane/Undertaker storyline from 1997-1998 was the most clever and interesting story telling angle I can remember. It honestly made me wonder what would happen next week every week. Without Paul, The Undertaker or Kane would have never lasted as long as they have, and Kane would have never gotten over. Glenn Jacobs owes his career to Bearer. Added to all of this are the many nice things people have said about him… from helping the younger guys to taking time out to talk to fans. A true legend, a great man, and a future hall of famer. No pun intended, but may he rest in peace.

7. JD Storm says:

nothing i can say that hasn’t already been said. R.I.P. Paul Bearer!

8. Kerry says:

To others he may be remembered as Paul Bearer, but I will always think of him as Percy Pringle III.

9. raven12516 says:

Wow. Didn’t see that coming. RIP Paul Bearer.

10. Bill Marr says:

@Kerry, I agree with you there man. Old enough (38) & been a wrestling fan long enough to remember the old WCCW days of Percy Pringle III and was shocked when he showed up as Paul Bearer and Mean Mark as the Undertaker. Class man & he will be missed!