Daily Discussion: Re-booking an ECW storyline

Today’s topic: We are going back in time to the Paul Heyman ECW era. You can re-book any ECW storyline. Which storyline should be re-worked? Perhaps a storyline that ended too abruptly or a story that had the stuff but headed in to the wrong direction.

Yesterday’s discussion – Ring of Honor

Feel free to suggest a daily discussion topic at betweentheropes@hotmail.com

note: Today’s daily discussion was suggested by reader Mg

Tags: ,

1. G says:

Don’t think it would work out, a lot of the ECW guys are nearing retirement which means bringing in the ‘new’ breed. I just don’t see how anyone could effectively book it into a storyline. ECW guys like Sandman, Dreamer, Raven, Sabu are all getting old and as I said nearing retirement. For me, it just wouldn’t work.

2. eddie says:

Not saying know saying re book it like who were there when it happened originally. And myself I would love to rebook Mikey whipwreck turned his back on Mick foley

3. MaxxProffitt says:

You are missing the point. rebook the storyline, but with the wrestlers on today’s roster.

4. Guled says:

kimona wanalaya/tommy dreamer

5. The Wordman says:

I think it means to go back in time and re-book an ECW storyline the way you would like to see it resolved …. at the time it took place with the wrestlers at that time, not now. And not with today’s wrestlers.

At least that’s my take on the topic. I may be wrong.

6. MC Live says:

The point is to take an angle that actually happened, like Dreamer Raven or Taz Sabu and re-book it like it would have happened in ECW in the 90′s. I don’t think any of it should be re-booked, except maybe the crucifixion angle just because of the bad publicity it created

7. Adurka Durk says:

@mc live

Bad publicity? That was one of the most integral parts of ECW’s history.

You don’t rebook that. Perfect as is.

Probably would have rebooked.. For the life of me I can’t think of anything. Can’t say Shane’s title runs, because he was so important in making Taz such a success.

Probably would have tossed in a title for RVD, but it wasn’t very important.

The Sandman/Rhyno fued was awesome.

I dunno. You just don’t mess with success. No rebook necessary.

8. Adurka Durk says:

Actually I would have touched up the Raven/Dreamer fued.

Probably would be a mistake, but I personally wasn’t a huge fan of it. Highlights were Funk, IMO.

But then to come full circle, with them winning the tag titles was cool.

See? I wouldn’t even rebook angles I wasn’t a fan of.

ECW was awesome.

9. EcDubbleYa says:

Just speaking of ECW.

Whats the deal with Kurt Angle freaking out when ECW did the Crucifix angle but WWF did it later aswell.

10. Guled says:

@ EcDubbleYa

it was because Kurt was offended being that he was Catholic.. very big issue

11. Adurka Durk says:

@gueled

Big issue for idiots, you mean

12. Ed says:

The only thing I would of changed was Jake Roberts run in ECW. It wasn’t needed. The Lawler/Dreamer match didn’t need him. And Terry Funk should of been Dreamer’s mystery partner at November to Remember 98.