Who came up with the Colter-Swagger storyline?

(photo credit: Slam! Wreslting)

The Wrestling Observer reports that WWE’s new storyline featuring Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter was created by former Baltimore Sun columnist Kevin Eck, who joined WWE as a writer in 2011.

Tags: , ,

1. James says:

I actually like the storyline. It’s a very controversial topic, and it incites rage from certain fans (probably the ones they’re directing lol).

2. Truth says:

It’s a nice throw back type of gimmick and I hope they keep it up.

3. StunningSteve says:

It kind of pisses off eveyone. The conservatives hate it because it stereotypes them and the liberals hate it because it goes against everything they stand for. Glad I am a moderate.

4. StunningSteve says:

Everyone. Wish there was an edit button. I am a “hit enter first, ask questions later” kind of a guy.

5. killpg says:

im try not to be offended. really the y2j making punk drink was a a little too far for me. i have a a lot of issues with drinking cuz of my dad,(im non alcoholic, but my dad isnt. he lives a town over and we havent looked at eachother in over a year.) but like it the story, its edgier for the pg era, plus i love seeing political people pissed off.

6. Ted Bundy says:

RJ Brewer has been doing this gimmick since 2010 in Lucha Libre. Doing it alot better I might add.

7. Busted Flush says:

The storyline idea was taken from an NBC Nightline piece about a wrestler with a similar gimmick, working for Lucha Libre USA. Swagger debuted days after it aired, hardly a co-incidence. The similarities are too great.

8. DBRude says:

Kevin Eck writers for them now? I used to read his column!

9. JLM3 says:

Didn’t this guy edit or at least have a column in WCW Magazine towards the end?