Daily Discussion: Pricing for the WWE Network

WWE Network

Today’s topic: The newly created WWE Network will be a subscription only service available to cable and satellite customers. DirecTV is asking their subscribers how much they would be willing to pay per month for the network – $12.99, $14.99, $16.99, $19.99, $24.99 and $29.99. Assuming WWE includes most of their pay-per-view events (minus Wrestlemania) on their network, what is a fair monthly subscription fee?

Yesterday’s discussion – Jeff Hardy sticks with TNA

Feel free to suggest a daily discussion topic at betweentheropes@hotmail.com

Tags: , ,

1. motorhead says:

i wouldn’t pay anymore than what i do for hbo, which is pretty damn high imo. Hbo has ppv quality boxing all the time too plus vod. Can’t see a reason to ask more than 11 or 12 a month. They get enough of our money for crap already. How about they prove they’re worth watchinh FOR FREE before they ask for subscription money. The product needs to become see before must pay to see. It’s like tna raising their ppv cost. It’s still crap. They expect so much from us yet resent us for expecting more of them. Just a few thoughts.

2. Chris Wiliiams says:

I really don’t know….considering that the product that WWE has been putting out is so lackluster. Even the PPVs have been less than stellar. Do I really want to have to make the choice between HBO for “Game Of Thrones” and WWE Network just to be let down? I have RAW and SMACKDOWN for free to do that. There would have to be access to archives from the golden era of wrestling to sweeten the deal for me. Even then, I can get the DVD packages and watch them at my leisure. It’s almost a no-brainer to not even subscribe to the network…for me at least….

3. gerry says:

Im like daniel bryan..I dont own a tv :)

4. Roscoe Jones says:

$12.99. Why pay much more than that when there’s six hours of free new programming each week, along with rehash shows?

5. Skeeter Valentine says:

Due to the disappointment that we all feel every week, they’ll be able to charge whatever they want. We will still watch regardless. I honestly think it should be by donation only. If we felt like paying we could, but didn’t absolutely have to. It won’t happens that way, but I could dream.

6. James says:

$0

If they want money from me, then they need to earn it with quality television.

7. Mighty says:

Up to $30, is still a savings on a PPV each month. Fun to see old stuff. I’m a fan, not gonna say $0 or knock the current product.

8. Joan B. in S. C. says:

$19.99 I would do, but $29.99 would be pushing it. I’m not really into any more new content. I just reallywant to see classic content.

9. MC Live says:

8-12 bucks a month. And 12 is pushing it. I say 10. WWE should still get money, but not too much. I think a lower price for more buyers is better than a higher price with less buyers, considering the production cost are the same

10. Bill Marr says:

I’d say no more than $12.00 a month, hell I pay for Howard Stern on Demand, and Sirius/XM a month.
    If wwe is for real on this, I want old stuff to show kids and people who doesn’t know it too see it too.