Daily Discussion: How to utilize Ric Flair

Today’s topic: Ric Flair appears to be returning for another WWE stint. If you were made the booker, how would you utilize “The Nature Boy”?

Yesterday’s discussion – Your favorite TNA Knockout

Feel free to suggest a daily discussion topic at betweentheropes@hotmail.com

Tags: , ,

1. Eric says:

Either as a manager for Dolph Ziggler or someone else who could use a mouthpiece, or the Raw GM. Outside of that I can’t really think of anything he would be good use for.

2. Jonn says:

i think id make him either gm or have him be the guy who is behind the shield. I personally think cena should be behind the shield as its a good way to turn him heel and freshen up his character but flair as a mouthpiece wouldnt be a bad thing, that or GM.

3. Kid Vicious says:

Mr Future Endeavours

4. cas says:

being a GM is too expected. being the man behind the shield ruins the shield. I think to not use him at all is best. having him kind of pass this torch to the Miz is actually fitting to me. miz needs the endorsment and a submission move. I think miz has the charisma and babyfaced heel appeal to be the 2nd dirtiest player in the game

5. MC Live says:

Raw GM

6. Nic says:

very good question. I think we all want Flair on TV, but look at Vickie Guerrero and see she gets the biggest heel reaction of anyone in the company week in week out so she HAS to stay on TV and i think after so long managing Dolph, needs to be an authority figure again. And Booker T although very stale as a character needs to stay in his role too. Flair might do well as a manager but maybe as a co-GM of either show? Maybe turn Booker T heel and have Booker and Flair rival GM’s like Austin/Bischoff? it could work. Same goes for Vickie/Flair i think they’d gain great crowd reactions if nothing else.

The other role i think could work is a mentor role on-air similar to that which William Regal plays in FCW when not announcing. He often gets in the ring to sort out brats like Dean Ambrose who needed a lesson but for the most part was a legend who the heels could disrespect to help get over or the faces can save from the heels and hang out with to get some rub from in order to help get over.

7. Michael says:

An ally of a heel Randy Orton, in the same kind of role Heyman plays for Punk. Not too much promo time, so as not to overshadow Orton.

8. havok says:

dont pair him with the miz….him and ziggler would be gold together..possibly set up a new horsemen like stable

9. gerry says:

Make him clean the toilets

10. Guled says:

do a segment where he elbow drops his opponnent’s acessories (book, t-shirt, etc.)

11. Mattyman says:

How to use Flair. Someone earlier suggested Vicki gets all the heel heat in the world. If I were booking this (Captain, hang on you might like this one), I’d start this feud with a “get out of my ring old man” angle with Vicki. Behind the scenes, we have Flair building up his stable of guys. You can even have three as the “anti-Shield” so to speak because I think when this all plays out, Vicki is the “brains” (yeah right) behind them. Have this be the back story line build to Survivor Series. Then you -finally- have a long story line build up, you get a legend in there, and when it’s all said and done, finally a good angle. That’s just my two cents.

12. dave says:

Manage a stable. Join Ziggler, Miz, Big E, repackage Brodus Clay and AJ Lee.

I’d buy into that.

13. Prince Dann says:

Definitely with Miz..

I wasn’t into his babyface role until Flair came about. I think Flair could make Miz interesting and relevant, and a huge star.

14. Mike says:

Managing of stable of guys ala Bobby Heenan

15. Kerry says:

Officially making Dolph Ziggler the new “Nature Boy” and becoming his manager.

16. Alex says:

Put him in charge of The Shield!!!