Daily Discussion: WWE giving away spoilers

Today’s topic: Last week, Alberto Del Rio won the World Heavyweight title from The Big Show on Smackdown. WWE revealed the title change ahead of airing the match, which has started a new trend of WWE giving away spoilers. How do you feel about that?

Yesterday’s discussion – Your favorite Raw moments

Feel free to suggest a daily discussion topic at betweentheropes@hotmail.com

Tags: , ,

1. havok says:

theyve been doing it for a while, its just more frequent now….i remember them spoiling batista getting injured and giving up the title in 2006 which was also the night angle won the title…..the only way not to know the spoilers is to not go on the internet

2. R.j. says:

I hate it. Hated it when WCW did it. It’s bad enough wrestling has become so predictable, I can time the commercial breaks. Now the few surprises are being leaked by WWE itself.

3. Kid Vicious says:

Why not? You guys do it.

4. Axel says:

Vicious, you can avoid spoilers by avoiding sites like here which you know full well do so. As for Durk, he means with wwe actually spoiling it on a totally public format such as their website before it would air on TV, so dont try your usual counter troll measures as this is the only bite you are getting from me.

5. Henbu says:

WWE used to post the smackdown spoilers on tuesday nights almost a decade ago. At one point, even impact results.

6. Nick A says:

Yeah, it’s nothing new. WWE has spoiled things like this before and I don’t see why not. A title change is enough to get a lot of people to watch.

7. Randy Van Hoose says:

Don’t like it

8. The Sheild says:

It’s a terrible idea, it’s one thing for a site like this to do it because clicking the headlines are a choice. What WWE does is posts it on FB & Twitter, so even if I avoided this site my news feed spoils it for me. I feel the more they do it the worse things will get

9. Kid Vicious says:

@Axel
    On a personal level, I don’t see spoilers as a negative thing. These days I only keep my eye on the product from afar, so a well placed spoiler (like say Sid/Vader returning last year) may be the only thing that gets me to tune in. On WWE giving away spoilers, my opinion is that it’s their product to do what they want with it. Most people, with the exception of children and Superstar Billy Graham, seem to be aware of the direction a storyline is heading, so more often than not a spoiler isn’t so much a spoiler more than a “well yeah, figured that was coming”. When every credible wrestling new site posts spoilers, I can understand WWE wanting to get in there first. Maybe though, they should do like other websites and give a little heads up, rather than posting a photo of Wade Barratt with the IC title on their home page. I can understand why that might be frustrating to those who avoid these sites.

10. newjack101 says:

If WWE dont you and other sites would, maybe if WWE posts news and spoilers first people would use their site and instead of using sites like this. At least if it comes direct from WWE you know it’s legit instead of just rumour and fantasy conceived by some guy in his mothers basement

11. MC Live says:

I understand the meaning behind it but it just feels weird to me

12. Guled says: