Daily Discussion: Ryback ready for the WWE title?

Today’s topic: Is Ryback ready to be WWE champion?

Yesterday’s discussion – Your most embarrassing wrestling moment

Feel free to suggest a daily discussion topic at betweentheropes@hotmail.com

Tags: ,

1. MoneyInTheBank187 says:

With the Rock in the picture, Ryback will have to go after either the Intercontinental title or the United States championship. If you asked me in November 2012 the answer is a resounding yes! Unless he goes after the World title, then the answer is no.

2. Godrealm says:

I honestly think they should give him a run I mean look back in the old days there were so many contenders for that title now there only seems to be cent punk ryback I mean have Kane be the big red wrecking machine an give him the strap make the wrestlers work for the title like they made Austin rock triple h taker Chris Jericho angle all those guys so I think give the strap to ryback get some others up in the lights man even one of the shield guys should have a cack as well punk isn’t gonna be around for much longer he’s already thinking of hanging up his boots cenas not gonna be the poster boy forever anyway this is my opinion on this matter

3. haywood jablowme says:

Nor until he joins the “kiss my ass club”

4. Scott says:

He’s been in a few main events on Raw and PPV so why not give him the big gold belt and see what he does with it?

5. Legend_Killer says:

Ryback is overrated.

6. Bob Barker says:

I think Rybacks ring work is thoroughly underrated.I was skeptical at first, but he really has in ring psychology, can sell and really pushes an in ring presence.

7. fred says:

I think he is. If they can give that clown alberto del rio it why not ryback

8. havok says:

theres no doubt he”ll be a top guy, he is very over…but he needs more matches where he is tested

9. ironFNmaiden says:

I cannot buy into a Silver back title run with him playing a face, because then it’s the heels during the run that have to prove themselves in the face of a seemingly unbeatable opponent. If he was changed to a heel, then it would make more sense as the title would seem more secure, and each baby face is instantly cheered for as they’re inherently an underdog walking into the feud.

10. Je says:

Of course he’s ready, he’s an overrated shitty wrestler like most WWE champions these days.

11. Alex says:

He lost some credibility lately, probably after he regains some (looking at you Royal Rumble).

But not before this year’s Wrestlemania, give him some time.

12. Joel says:

While I don’t think he’s necessarily ‘ready’ at this moment, I don’t think he’s any less ready than first-time WWE/World Champions of the last few years that have gone on to become a success, i.e. Sheamus.

I certainly wouldn’t object to him being given a run once the CM Punk/Rock/Cena storyline concludes.

13. Toni says:

He is extremely boring as a face because when he enters a match he either dominates or shield attacks him. As a heel I think he could make a great champion, but then again it would probably turn into a repeat of Lesners heel championship and I don’t want to see Zach Gowen back. He is as ready as the Miz and Shaemus first title reigns, but I’d still much rather have a Ziggler title run than Ryback any day of the week.

14. Alex says:

I think he should be able to win, and I believe a rivalry with a heel Randy Orton would be perfect.

15. The Kayfabe Ninja says:

Still hearing the GOLDBERG chants, so I would have to say he still has a ways to go.

16. Nick A says:

Yes. Simple as that.

He’s a better star than Sheamus already and has more upside than a lot of their current title contenders. He gets better reactions when he hits the ring then John Cena at this point. The only thing keeping him from being the most over face on WWE TV is the Rock’s return.

17. Lucas says:

YES! I am an adamant fan of CM Punk and that he has had the title run he has this year is phenomenal. Plus, I am seriously stoked for the matchup with the Rock and the potential for what could be exceptionally amazing promos and matches with the Rattlesnake. I am not necessarily a fan of Ryback taking the strap from Punk, but at this point it seems to be tarnishing the roll that Ryback has been on and if he doesn’t get the strap from Punk, he will for lack of better words, have been punked. I definitely think this program has both elevated and harmed Ryback’s push at the same time, either way this man needs the strap ASAP, in this short amount of time he has elevated to serious contention and done it credibly and appears to be a more of a fixture than most main eventers. I didn’t support him or his push at first, but now I am officially on board, the man is a solid worker packed with charisma. HE NEEDS THE WWE TITLE!

18. MC Live says:

I think he needs to grow a little more. Change up the character a little bit to where he’s multi-dimensional. How exactly, I’m not sure, but there’s no need to rush it. I think Sunmerslam would be a good time

19. Negro Joe says:

I cant take him seriously, he looks like he is always constipated and his bulging eyes make him look like he is in roid rage mode all the time. His catch phrases are fucking retarded too.

20. -J- says:

Meathead – check
    Sh!tty mic skills – check
    Limited Moveset – check

Yes this man should and will be a wwe champion!

21. Guled says:

As much as i like ryback, he should wait until after wrestlemania.

(ERR RYBACKK!!)

22. Fromtheghetto says:

They should not give people their first title run with the WWE title. It should be the more prestigious one, the WHC title should be the tryout one.

Try him out as SmackDown champion first.

23. Fromtheghetto says:

Id like to see him Dominate SmackDown lesnar style as a dominant heel/face tweener against a face Sheamus and heel Orton.