Another rumored name for WWE’s hall of fame

King Kong Bundy teased a hall of fame announcement via Twitter:

“Sounds like someone listened to the #Bundyholics regarding my Hall of Fame. Huge announcement tomorrow night.”

Tags: , , ,

1. steve says:

Really? Other than main event a single Wrestlemania, what did he do? He had a mostly forgettable career on the national stage.

I’m ok with his induction, but can’t really agree with it being a ridiculous amount of time.

2. aag44 says:

Teased? More like basically confirmed it…

3. Jempires One says:

Steve, he had one WM main event, but that is more than many guys already in. And back then they weren’t doing PPV 12x a year.

He had a decent run, the feud with Studd vs Andre, the long Hogan feud. He deserves to be in based on how a lot of marginal guys already are inducted.

4. havok says:

well to be fair steve he was around for a while prior to wwe becoming a worldwide televised thing…he only have brief moments during the modern era

5. deathedge says:

Seeing how this is the same HOF that I firmly believe will induct Snooki one day, I fimly believe that he deserves to be in.

6. deathedge says:

Seeing how this is the same HOF that I firmly believe will induct Snooki one day, I firmly believe that he deserves to be in.

7. havok says:

only if Al & Peg Bundy induct him

8. Scott says:

I can live with King Kong Bundy getting in. He deserves it.

9. Shockmaster Suplex says:

His role as Gorgo in the Richard Pryor movie Moving, is definitely worth checking out!

10. The Sheild says:

I wasn’t around during his run but even I know his impact on the industry. The 5 count pins are still classic, even Big E Langston started using that gimmick. I would consider being in one of the few legit gimmick matches in Mania history against the champ to be a huge honor. There are so many names that aren’t in the HoF that should be & this is one of them.

11. gerry says:

Well deserved but I doubt he will be the first induction announced into the hall of fame

12. Tim says:

The man splashed midgets in front of 93k fans. Of course he should be in! But really he was a good big man and just the type of opponent Hogan needed at the time of WM2. Great in World Class.

13. Steve says:

Adurka– Thanks for thoughts. I stand by my initial thoughts that he’s simply not HOF worthy. Not compared to others, but on his own merits. There are SEVERAL others already in who discredit the HOF, and several others missing who further discredit the HOF.

You are correct he main evented Wrestlemania 2, but keep in mind, it was one of the least attended Manias, there were THREE main events in each of the cities with little demand for tickets anywhere. The only Mania of the arena era that wasn’t a sellout to my knowledge. Being a Monday night probably didn’t help the event.

The next year he was relegated to splashing midgets at Mania.

Is he famous, sure. Should he be a HOF’er? Based on those already in, yep. Has he been long overlooked? Not a chance. That was my original point. And you calling me a tool doesn’t change the facts– nor does my age. :)