Superstar Billy Graham comments on CM Punk promo from Raw

Superstar Billy Graham posted the following today in response to CM Punk’s promo on RAW last night:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR CM PUNK
I watch the last hour of WWE Raw last night. It was the worst excuse for a show I have ever seen! My agent Scott is tight with legendary World Champion Bruno Sammartino. Scott has told me that WWE has been calling Brunno regularly begging him to go into the Hall of Fame. Bruno has been polite but has always said no thank you.

Tonight on RAW for the last 45 minutes of the show all they did was have CM PUNK talk, talk and more talk! The killer line came when Vince had Punk putting over his 314 straight days as world champ and then said and I quote, ” you had people like Burno Sammartino , only wrestled in Madison Square Garden only wrestled one a month.”

This was by far the biggest put down of Bruno ever. Why would WWE have Punk say that about someone they have been begging to go into the Hall of Fame for untold years? When that teenager looking CM Punk made that statement he was also talking about me, Ivan Koloff , Stan Hanson etc. Find the re run and listen closely and answer me this my Facebook friends – How can they justify putting down a real icon like this, and not get called out on it?

Any news sites can quote me on my statement below:

CM Punk, I have lost all respect for you for nor saying no to the writers of the WWE for saying Bruno Sammartino only wrestled once a month in Madison Square Garden. You talk about one of the greatest icons ever in pro wrestling like he was a JOBBER??? You should be ashamed of yourself for not having the self-dignity to say NO to the writers on that line. That line you delivered indicates that I am a big loser like Bruno as well and insults me as I wrestled in the same era as Bruno. This only confirms more that I want my name out of the WWE Hall of Fame.

How many monthly sell outs have you yourself drawn at Madison Square Garden? Not a PPV or the Raw TV show. Quit talking trash about Bruno. It’s an insult to him and all the wrestlers of his era including myself!

Superstar Billy Graham

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Jono K says:

Graham ever heard of Kayfabe? Want to like the guy, but takes it all way to serious.

2. Michael t tuesdays says:

He’s a heel. That’s what heels say. I’m sure in real life punk wouldn’t mind working one day a month. And if he did he would probably sell out MetLife stadium every time

3. Joey says:

Somebody hating on a heel? Punk did a hell of a job then

4. MC Live says:

Chances are writers had nothing to do with that line

5. -J- says:

Tell em Billy!

6. Fisha695 says:

Billy is just another self-absorbed old-timer who thinks that everybody that attended those events did so only to see him.

Though Punks promo did make me wonder who many title defenses as well as non-title matches he’s had as champ (including house shows & dark matches).

7. TadDunbar says:

Billy is old and bitter and needs to go away and by go away I mean die.

8. Captain Ass says:

Oh come on, “Superstar”, are you that bitter and jaded about wrestling and WWE? What Punk did is called a PROMO, as in it was designed to raise the ire of people. Congratulations, you are human after all. BTW, if you hate WWE so much again these days, why are you watching their shows again?

9. Bey says:

No one seems to remember that the “LEGENDARY” Bruno had as few moves or less than Hulk Hogan…Bruno could draw a crowd but he had little more than a punch, a kick, a stomp and a bearhug.

10. Joe says:

It’s like Billy has completely forgotten that this line was supposed to get heat. Does he not know that things in wrestling are staged anymore? The old man is off his rocker on this one.
    @Bey I completely agree, wrestlers back then paved the way for wrestlers now, but they weren’t exactly as well crafted. Prepare for people to be butthurt about you saying that though.

11. The Real Icon says:

You guys are idiots and obviously you don’t know the wrestling business like I do. Billy Graham is right. This is not just a line. It was a dig at Bruno. Wwe are a bunch of cry babies. Bruno says no every year and this is the results? Wwe YOU suck!!!!

12. Esparo says:

Who the hell are you @The Real Icon?

13. Mr. Black says:

I’m sure cm punk wasn’t told to say that. The guy generally work without a script. That may very well be punk’s real opinion but I don’t think it should be a reflection of any sort of negative sentiment toward Bruno coming from the WWE.

14. Alex says:

Whether he was told that or not, it shouldn’t be taken seriously. You didn’t see Mr. McMahon or his family firing back at CM Punk when this first started this. Maybe Billy should have Bruno come to Raw so Punk can say it to his face. I loved the promo, unlike other heels CM Punk actually glues you and makes you think about what he just said.

15. B-Rad says:

Oh silly old washed-up wrestlers who were never very good to begin with.

They’re just jealous that even in their prime, they wouldn’t have been able to hold a candle to Punk.

16. heehee says:

CM Punk was right though. Those older legends never had to work as much as the wrestlers of today. The industry was different back then. There was no monopoly like the WWE has today so different promotions had different territories. If you work for one promotion, you’d know where you were based and you’d know where you have to go to each time you perform. If you were based in the north east, you’d stay in the north east for the most part. If you move to another territory, then you’d stay put in that other territory. Visits to other territories on a non-permanent basis were relatively rare. None of this hopping from one city to another city, coast to coast, night after night as the current roster do. The current crop of talent are overworked – something we should be concerned about – but of course, they do get compensated for that by earning more than those older legends made. Besides that, those older legends never had to wrestle matches like TLC or HiaC either. You have to be blind or terribly insecure not to realise and appreciate that the current generation of wrestlers put in a lot more effort than the previous ones.

17. Rex Anderson says:

Punk did his job, hate it or love it, he got over just like he said

18. steve says:

Heat: acquired. End of story.

19. Alex says:

First: 414 not 314!

Second: It’s a freakin HEEL PROMO?

HELLO?

20. Chris James says:

Lmao @b-rad … Punk is better than Naitch, better than Wahoo, better than the briscoes. Just say it, Punk is Jesus Christ and the savior of wrestling and the world and the universe. Get his straight edged scrotum out of your mouth. Thank you.

21. T says:

Come on now. Vince takes cheap shots and rewrites history all the time. Was Graham that upset over the Huckster and Nacho man skits? How can Graham be shocked? When Hart left for WCW they made effort to break his records. Same with Lesnar when he left. Same with Hogan too.

22. jim says: