1/5 WWE house show results from Columbus, GA
Jan 6, 2013 - by Steve Gerweck
1. Brodus Clay and Zack Ryder defeated Leo Kruger and Jack Swagger in 9:15. Clay hit the splash on Swagger for the win. A standard tag match with the heels working over Ryder. After the match, Clay, Ryder, and the Funkadactyls danced with kids from the audience.
2. Alex Riley defeated JTG in 6:20. Riley won with a rolling neck breaker.
3. Eve Torres defeated Kaitlyn in 11:22 to retain the WWE Divas Championship. Eve won with another rolling neck breaker. No lie. Same finisher Alex Riley used.
4. Team Hell No and Ryback defeated The Shield by DQ in 12:45. Roman Reigns hit Ryback with a chair for the DQ just before he hit his finisher on Dean Ambrose. Great match. The crowd was hot throughout.
5. Santino Marella defeated Tensai in 8:23 with the Cobra. It was a total comedy match, but was still pretty funny if you dig Santino. Tensai played the perfect straight man.
6. Antonio Cesaro defeated The Miz in a No Disqualification match to retain the U.S. Championship in 21:17. Cesaro hit The Neutralizer out of nowhere for the win. Fans were given the choice of 2 out of 3 falls or No DQ. Voting took place by text and Twitter. They used a kendo stick, an exposed turnbuckle, a chair, and finally a table after teasing the crowd the whole match. There were several good believable near falls as well. Not old school ECW, but not bad for the PG era either.
7. John Cena defeated Dolph Ziggler (w/AJ and Big E. Langston) in 21:23 with the Attitude Adjustment. Lots of interference in this one. At the 16:00 mark, AJ and Big E finally got sent to the back. From there the near falls came fast and furious until the ref was bumped. Big E ran out and hit his slam for a near fall. Ziggler accidentally hit Big E with the Money in the Bank briefcase leading to the finish. Of course Ziggler made Cena look like a million bucks.