TNA reaching out to indy wrestlers for “Gut Check”

TNA is currently reaching out to a variety of independent wrestlers to book them for future “Gut Check” shows on Impact Wrestling. PWInsider.com reports that former WWE wrestler Jay Bradley and Brian Cage are among talent expected to get an opportunity in 2013.

Tags: , ,

1. revboy says:

No shortage of great Indy grapplers who deserve their chance: Brett Barnes, Scotty Mac, David Flex, Big O, the list goes on…

2. Roscoe Jones says:

…and most people never heard of a single dude you mentioned. They might be pretty popular at your local VFW but they’re probably nowhere near good enough for national television. You’re probably one of those guys, right? Tommy Mac, I presume?

3. Prince Dann says:

I’d love to see Mike Bennet come to TNA with Maria..

the first person into GutCheck with a manager, character..

Great way to come in as a heel. I have everything already, I just want the exposure.

4. Mr. Black says:

Brian cage is definitely a good choice. Willie Mack would be at the top of my list though, even Samoa Joe says Willie should get a shot. I would also suggest Robert Anthony.

5. Hipnosis says:

It’d be cool to have some kind of Jessie G and Robbie T and Big O team lol

6. cool arrow says:

I’d like to see Willie Richardson get a shot, just because it’d be nice to see someone in TNA doing the Pounce again.

7. B-Rad says:

Doesn’t TNA kind of under pay most of their talent? I mean, especially now that if they work for TNA they can no longer appear on DVD in their usual Independent feds, which is just keeping them from an opportunity at a pay check.

I can see some guys and girls going there simply to get exposure but I doubt many of them will stay too long.

8. Joe says:

TNA is regarded as having some of the best talent of any Wrestling company and Gut Check is a great way to get even more, but maybe they should focus on establishing up so that they can draw real money.

9. Fisha695 says:

It’d be nice to see a longtime local wrestler by the name of Tommy Suede (Tommy Rotten in The Wrestler movie) get a shot at the big time finally. Along with other WXW C4 guys like Eric Corbian & Billy Dream (who also both had parts in that Wrestler movie IIRC).

And if they’re looking for women I’ve been saying for years that Mercedes Martinez & Alere Little Feather (aka; Nav-a-Ho) deserve a shot at the big time.

10. echo says:

Aaron Draven, Chad Collyer, Adrian Hawkins, and Jon Bolen are on my shortlist of guys who should get a chance.