Who is WWE considering for a babyface turn?

There is at least some talk of turning Alberto Del Rio face, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The company badly want a new Hispanic babyface, with Sin Cara missing the mark.

Tags: , ,

1. havok says:

the crowd couldnt care less about him….the man is not over

2. Tania says:

Who cares. He won’t be able to pull it off

3. Doug says:

that would be a mistake.

4. jim says:

I am Alberto del rrio …. this is my show. My destiny is the wwe championship. Andddddddd I just summed up del Rios entire game on the Mic

5. mackdeezy says:

Hes no Eddie Guerrero

6. Joan B. in S. C. says:

No, no, no! People don’t care for ADR’s mic work and he would need to rely on it even more if turned babyface. The idea of this being his destiny and being a Mexican aristocrat are pretty much true to who he is based on his family and sports background and can mostly be done with visuals such as the cars, the nice clothes and a personal ring announcer.

And then I’m a big ADR fan and just don’t want to see it happen.

7. Geoff says:

Puhahaha, ridiculous. When the guy is not over in the slightest as a heel, he damn sure can’t get over as a babyface. I’m surprised Miz is getting a lukewarm face reaction but Del Rio is not even as over as miz

8. Geoff says:

I’m pretty sure i’m not the only one condemning wwe for continuously and persistently giving del rio precious match time on monday night raw, here’s an idea: making him exclusive to smackdown and edit some crowd reaction for his promos there. I’m tired of skipping his matches on raw

9. B-Rad says:

Alberto Del Rio isn’t someone who could ever get the fans behind him, whether he’s heel or face. The guy is just too bland.

They should be pushing Zack Ryder, since the fans actually care about him. Instead of burying him. Maybe try with Alex Riley (whatever happened to him?) or any of the 10-12 guys who just job on Raw/Smackdown who have never had a chance. Give them a decent character and see if they roll with it. Don’t let ADR get all these chances when he’s already proven to not be over no matter what he does.

10. Mr. Black says:

Awful idea. I do think Alberto running a new incarnation of the million dollar corporation may be a good move.

11. jalan says:

adr is a great heel. especially with ricardo who is funny. he can actually wrestle and is decent on the mic. if u watch he actually conducts most his matches. he knows what hes doing. just try to get the spanish fans behind him like canadian fans get behind their heels. face is bad idea…and ryder, and A ry they r terrible on the mic thats why they job.

12. Nic says:

Ricardo Rodruigez’s ring announcing and comedy skills could REALLY help him get over as a face… kinda like Finlay was hardly ever the most popular face but hornswoggle’s antics got him popular. This could work. Getting the crowd involved in his ALBERTOOOO DELL RIIIOOOO could get a pop like ‘MR KENNEDY’ did… I think it could work!

13. Joe says:

lol im glad everyone can agree that this is an awful idea

14. Matt says:

Lol people thinking ADR isn’t over. Way to act like this is the dark ages people. Let me know when you actually know the wrestling business in 2012 besides armchair booking with a doomsday passage way

15. Alex says:

I for one thinks he works as a heel.

You pretty much all seem to hate him so he does his job right…

But I can’t seem him as a face

16. -J- says:

Tito Santana was over…Areeba!!!

17. Fisha695 says:

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again I honestly think the era of “Heel or Face” is dead, fans are gonna cheer & boo who they want for whatever reasons they want. Orton will be making a heel turn but still be cheered as if he was the biggest face in the company, same with Ziggler when he was a full heel he would get cheered (not counting the heat from Vickie).

With that being said I don’t see an easy way to turn Del Rio, I just don’t… Well not without taking him off of TV for a month or two & even then that’s one hell of a persona change to explain. I mean it was one thing for JBL to bounce back n forth between heel & face with the same gimmick that Del Rio has, but JBL also had 10+ years of history/gimmicks in the company that the fans were familiar with which Del Rio doesn’t.

I just don’t see a way to do it and I’m usually pretty good with “Fantasy Booking”….

18. ROB_MOR says:

I don’t see it. Good luck.

19. Joan B. in S. C. says:

@Geoff, I was in shock at a recent Smackdown how show just how over Miz was. He spent a few minutes just doing the back and forth with the crowd about what direction he was going to throw his t-shirt in. Still surprised about that.

@Mr. Black, loving your idea of the Corporation. It would be nice to see Alberto “spending his money,” on something other than cars.

And @-J-, nice mention.