WWE News and Notes
Dec 6, 2012 - by Steve Gerweck
Notes from the WWE CFO George Barrios conference call…
– WWE revenue is $500mil: each stream (TV licensing, sales, digital media, PPV, toys, videogame) accounts for no more than 25% of that revenue
– “ION’s main event is up about 15% from the show it replaced. (Saturday Morning Slam on CW) is up 50% over the show it replaced.”
– Barrios: “Some (markets) are already eight figure market for us. Markets like India and Mexico. But in India all comes from TV licensing.”
– Barrios implies that WWE could present live events in India in the future, stemming from the success of their TV shows in the country.
– Barrios breaks down USA audience (57 mil homes having affinity with WWE): 20% hardcore audience, 40% casual fans, 40% lapsed fans
– Not too much about WWE Network – just that investments have been made and metrics have been collected and studied.
source: Arda Ocal