Damien Sandow on why his character is working

Mike Mooneyham posted an interview with WWE superstar Damien Sandow. Here is an exert:

“I believe the reason this (the character) is working is because it’s actually not a character. It’s pretty much my own personality. It’s my views on society, but now I have the opportunity to share them with the world via the platform of WWE.”

Tags: , ,

1. carlycane says:

“The best characters are an extension of a person’s real life personality.” I hear it time and time again and I see he’s taken this advice.

2. theman says:

I actually like this guy. But the problem with having a character like him is you can’t really have him lose on tv. I think that’s what is hurting wrestling most is the lack of jobbers or enhancement talent. How do you build a guy up for a ppv if he is losing on tv?

3. Motorhead says:

seriously people, can we please learn to spell?! Exert? Really? It’s EXCERPT. This is the third or fourth time i’ve seen this. EXCERPT. EXERT is to use mental or physical strength to do something. An EXCERPT is a selected section of a piece of music or writing. This crap makes wrestling fans everywhere look stupid. And in an article about sandow no less. Brilliant. It’d be funny if it weren’t so pathetic. Secondly, he’s right. Be yourself, who’d've thunk it.

4. Either way, he’s living the gimmick and thats what makes it come across as genuine.

also, Motorhead, you forgot to add “You’re Welcome.” to the end of your rant. :P

5. Kerry says:

The best way to make a character work is by not telling everyone that it’s a character.

6. Jon says:

Damien Sandow is not a character??? Wow … he must be reeeeeeally annoying on road trips …

7. The Kayfabe Ninja says:

The intellectual savior of the masses, wonder if Sandow came up that moniker, it sounds epic.

8. McMahon says:

Turns out Arch Kincaid was just playing Aaron Stevens for all those years.

9. DBRude says:

So that’s how he talks in real life? Interesting. : p

10. Andy says:

Kayfabe lives.

11. Chris says:

Damien Sandow = “The Genius” Lanny Poffo

12. KiLLewskitt says:

I mark out for him, especially when he does his victory cartwheel. That match with Sheamus was remarkable.

13. -J- says:

Sandow is 2012′s Lanny Poffo minus the poetry…his character works and he tells it as it is.

14. walker209 says:

He’s a combination of Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Mr. Bob Backlund & The Genius all in one