Report: WWE has big plans for Orton

According to a report on F4WOnline.com, WWE has big plans in store for Smackdown’s Randy Orton. The report said that over the next six months, WWE plans on building Orton back up as one of the top stars in the company. It’s interesting to note that the six-month timetable is centered roughly around Wrestlemania, meaning big things could be in store for Orton at Wrestlemania 29.

Tags: ,

1. -KRKO- says:

So many people will complain about this but I’m glad. Orton is a great wrestler, is very over and can carry Smackdown. He needs a gimmick and some better storylines to make him relevant again

2. Barry says:

so let me guess that means he will win the title at mania

3. RYDER-MAN says:

Did they completely forget about his second suspension? They shouldn’t be giving the guy with a top spot who only a few months ago got back from being suspended. I think Orton is very talented but I think they should push someone who deserves it more and hasn’t gotten in to so much trouble. It’s not fair to the guys who do everything right, bust there ass, and don’t get anything for it.

4. sean b says:

I smell a Survivor Series heel turn!

5. The Kayfabe Ninja says:

@Agent Cooper,

Well said, I totally agree with your assessment, ripping on Kelly Kelly and exposing her sex life was pretty effin’ low, Randall, you can’t even hang with our proud men and women of the military, you went AWOL remember. Happy Veterans Day!

6. Guled says:

randy said once that he’s bored with the direction that he’s been going.

personally, i don’t blame him.

7. Helio says:

What’s left for Orton to do in WWE? What’s left for AJ Styles to do on Impact? I think it would be more stimulating from an entrrtainment point of view if they switched promotions for a while.

8. RYDER-MAN says:

@Helio, I bet that Randy will call up AJ tomorrow and say. “Hey do you think our companies will let us switch places for a while?” and AJ will say “Sure they will! After all that’s how competing businesses work isn’t it?” Lol

9. jim says:

Helio… did the Easter bunny give u that idea?

10. RS says:

Um… Okay. First of all, Orton can barely wrestle OR talk on the mic. Second of all, he’s been suspended twice now. One more and he’s gone. Why would they build him up if he’s so close to being fired? Plus, he just isn’t that great anyway. He’s worse than Cena which says a LOT.

11. The Kayfabe Ninja says:

@Helio,

Sheeiit, Son!

12. cesar says:

Orton with the title? Another reason for not watching smackdown :-)

13. Todd says:

WRESTLEMANIA 29 PLANS FOR ORTON

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    RANDY ORTON (C) VS RYBACK

14. Kurt Angle says:

Orton can wrestle. He is just more interesting as a heel.

15. Scott says:

Orton can wrestle, and if you listen to him on some interviews (not interviews during shows), he can talk. They do need to fix his charachter though like some have said.

And yes he has been busted twice, but the guy is over. Might be nice if someone else could be pushed and put over, but it doesn’t hurt if Randy is pushed either.

16. Chris James says:

Everyone’s gonna bitch because they know Randy is better than most if not all of the roster. Some of you love to say he ‘can’t talk’. Go back and watch his heel days when feuding against Rey or Benoit. Do your homework before you talk.

17. Chris James says:

He also won the world heavyweight title at age 24. 24. I rest my case.

18. Ed says:

Orton grew boring for me around 2006. This current Orton is the worst though. Forget his lack of mic skills, boring matches, and suspensions. He’s a human being, a grown-ass man, who slithers like a snake. Based on that alone, he shouldn’t be allowed near the main event. I know he’s the “Viper”, but Austin was the “Rattlesnake” and he didnt slither.

19. The Kayfabe Ninja says:

Terrestrial Locomotion!

20. ManWhale says:

Let’s stop focusing on re-establishing orton and establishing someone else. I say, let’s make someone completely off the map the champ. I would have said drew mcintyre but he’s doing that 3mb thing. if you really wanna shake things up, all you gotta do is something no one expected. like evan bourne comes back and wins the title, tell me that doesn’t change everything.