Linda McMahon doesn’t see herself running for public office again

Speaking to Business Week, former WWE CEO Linda McMahon said that she
doesn’t see herself running for public office again although things can
always change. McMahon is fresh off a second – and much wider – defeat in
the Senate elections, having blown almost $100 million for the two
campaigns spanning over 4 years. For the first campaign in 2010, McMahon
did not accept any donations and funded the whole thing with her own money
to a tune of $50 million. “I feel really good about what I’ve
accomplished. I think people were more thoroughly convinced the second
time around that I was passionate about these issues,” McMahon said. When
asked about running again, McMahon said she gave it a really good and
strong shot but it didn’t work out. “At this moment, it’s not a
consideration. Things can always change but it’s not something I
anticipate right now.” She noted that she discovered that she lost this
year’s election when she was sitting by herself while she was gathering
thoughts of would would be a victory speech. She said she saw on ABC that
Chris Murphy’s name popped up as the winner just 40 minutes after polls in
Connecticut closed, leaving her “stunned for a moment.”

(thanks to Colin Vassallo)

Tags:

1. James says:

THANK GOD!!!

2. dd says:

Does this mean a return to the attitude era? Or perhaps some decent WWE programming?

3. Scott says:

If I spent nearly 9 figure, and all I showed for it was a couple of L’s, I’d probably quit too

4. JDBJJ says:

So can WWE get off this PG ratings kick now??

5. JD Storm says:

i hope she’s serious about staying out of politics. when you spend nearly $100 Mil on two losing efforts, that should seriously tell you that you have no business in politics.

with that kind of money, you’d think the McMahons could’ve done something far more useful with their money. give their wrestlers a pay increase. give them some form of health benefit package. give to several different charities. use the money for disaster relief, somewhere in the world.

6. Sean says:

Please bring back attitude era!
    This was stupid and a waste of money they could have used her running money for bringing back the XFL!

7. Gazz says:

DD & JDBJJ, I’ll repeat here what I have said in other forums in regards to this.

As long as WWE are a PLC and have stockholders, shareholders and sponsors who work for, or are companies that view themselves as family friendly, WWE will not be going back to a 14 – 18+ rating anytime soon.

8. -J- says:

““At this moment, it’s not a
    consideration. Things can always change but it’s not something I
    anticipate right now.”

It has begun…

9. Scott says:

Gazz, correct me if I am wrong, but haven’t they been a publically traded company long before going PG?!?

10. dave says:

The attitude era just wouldn’t connect now. The zeitgeist of America and the world is mindless celebrity culture and mindless music, which gives youth an unrealistic message about life. Now, if the WWE took an edgier tone, reflected society a bit more by challenging perceptions instead of trying to be a PART of that cultural tumour then they could become something more. It could be done as they could keep some of their social media and kid friendly mechanisms in place.

Step one. Have Cm Punk or a top heel actually attack Linda on air, have them air their grievances with being restricted to keep a kid friendly environment. “We’re grown men, we fight and we are supposed to be ruthless” just a tone to take.

Allow the kids to see their guys like Cena and Kofi put in real conflict with another idea, let them decide what works for them.

But I seriously see WWE splitting into dual promotions. One more kid friendly, the other more adult orientated.

But one thing occurred to me just; chances are nothing major changes and we’re clutching at straws