Former WWE superstar: “Ryback’s finish is really weak looking”

Sean Morley (aka Val Venis) comments on Ryback last night via Twitter:

For such an impressive performer, Ryback’s finish is really weak looking. Hell, Ultimate Warrior’s sh%tty finish looked better than Rybacks.

Tags: , ,

1. Brett says:

Says the guy who’s finisher was a basic top rope splash.

2. Sam says:

John Cena has used a fireman carry takeover for 10 years. The Angle Slam isn’t that devastating either. Go eat another hot dog Morley.

3. Fisha695 says:

To be fair most finishers are really week looking anymore, though maybe that’s because I’ve been watching so long that I’ve seen what most people use as finishers used as a regular move by other people. lol Heck even looking back at Goldberg with the Jackhammer when I was younger I thought it was impressive but looking back now it’s just a Suplex to a Powerslam.

4. Jau says:

Most WWE finishers are extremely weak

5. Jake Allen says:

I agree with Morley. If anything, Ryback using the spear or the gore as a finisher would be awesome, but Vince doesn’t want to make his similarity to Goldberg that much more apparent and it won’t happen.

6. Zach says:

@Fisha695, there are some very impressive stiff finishers in the indy circuit.

7. Jason says:

Unfortunately wrestling has evolved to a place where finishers disappoint. The sleeper, a Bulldog, a DDT, a double dropkick, a claw and a simple splash off of the top rope used to be big finishers. Ones that FINISHED matches. The Attitude Era and E.C.W. with all the chair shots, barbed wire and fire destroyed that. Wrestlers are kicking out of being crushed through a stack of 4 tables off of a balcony. How can a bulldog finish a match anymore. But, I guess I’m showing my age.

8. cas says:

i have to agree, but after a meathook that finisher will do. i see him finishing with a spear or some type of running powerslam. either way he beats the hell out of people FINISH IT!

9. havok says:

i think with ryback being such a big and powerful guy you would expect him to have a more intense power move as a finisher….not a variation of a samoan drop

10. Calvin says:

Did Val even get to hit his finisher after the year 2000?

11. Ostego says:

Ryback’s finisher is week looking? The Rock’s was a freakin’ standard elbow drop! Hogan’s was a Leg Drop! Also, how many title pushes did this clown have?

12. Ian says:

The GTS is also one of the lamest looking and weakest looking finishers…half the time Punk would have to lift his knee extra high to even touch the guy because they were staying up too tall and the fact that on bigger guys it didnt look realistic at all.

13. -J- says:

Uh Rock hit the Rock bottom man…anyways stfu Val, hellooooooooo ladies!

14. Guled says:

personally, i like ryback’s finisher

but when i think of deavasting finishers i think petey william’s canadian destroyer: the best.

15. Dan Boy says:

I think he has better moves that could be finishers..I have been saying this forever…

16. Scott says:

The way I always saw finishers was that it was a move that a wrestler specialized in, and knew how to use it with maximum effect.

Like others have said, if you are going to rip on this, be prepared to rip on many other finishers that legends we love have used.

17. Kid Vicious says:

“Hi, I’m a former mid-carder that squandered my career. Not having the good grace to disappear into the night I’ll take to social media, preferably whilst intoxicated, and share my thoughts on how much the current product blows compared to when I was there. If anyone criticises me I call them a mark. They know nothing about the abuse I’ve put my body through in earning hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. I gotta use some cheap heat to keep the fans on my side. I know, I’ll have the easy pop at the Ultimate Warrior. I’ve never met the guy, but get ready to be marked out if you question that. He was a genuine wrestling success story and I’m resentful of that, even more so whilst I sit in some damp, cockroach ridden Mexican hotel wondering where my life went wrong”

18. Travis says:

These comments are exactly why I hate wrestling fans. A guy who had success as a mid carder during the hottest period in wrestling which most of you were too young to even remember posts an opinion and here we go….. the “SUPER NERDS” unite to trash him for speaking his mind.

19. Guled says:

they both have similarites like ryback = goldberg
    the big valbowski = ravishing rick rude

so this story kinda makes sense ~0

20. Chris James says:

I bet Ryback would put Val in the hospital with his ‘weak looking finish’.

21. sean b says:

I get him not doing a spear….but a package piledrive ala Kevin Steen would be a badass finisher for Ryback

22. Really? says:

Not all legends are big, powerful monster types wanting to be fed. He should be held to a higher standard of devastation.