Recent photograph of Bobby Heenan

Greg Valentine posted on Facebook:

I WAS CATCHING UP WITH AN OLD FRIEND LAST WEEK AND AS MUCH AS IT HURTS ME DEEP INSIDE I AM STILL HAPPY I SAW HIM MY DEAR FRIEND STILL FIGHTING FIT. THE BRAIN. BOBBY HEENAN.

Tags: ,

1. Mike says:

So sad to see

2. Guled says:

bobby is still one of the funniest guys out there. i remember when he got thrown off the buliding by gorilla

3. -J- says:

Always one of the best.

4. Helio says:

It was a sad day for wrestling the day Bobby couldn’t take bumps anymore.

5. The Kayfabe Ninja says:

Famous Brain Quotes:

Tony Schiavone: “Scott Hall is looking a little better this week”
    Brain: “It’s only Monday”

Brain: “Some nights the Villanos sit around the fire with popcorn and their masks on”
    Tony Schiavone: “I hate you”

“I’d rather have some money than a skirt”

“I told him not to touch that midget?! You never touch a midget, you never know where they’ve been”

“You know the problem with these Japanese wrestlers, Monsoon? You wrestle them, and then one hour later you want to wrestle them again”

“I know all about cheating, I’ve had six very successful marriages”

“Tito Santana is like a cue-ball, the more you strike him, the more English you get out of him”

“Doink is like Jell-O, there is always room for more”

6. thrilledfan says:

Lol that’s great ninja . My favorite commentating team will always be Bobby and monsoon. They were just great.

7. Deathedge says:

I don’t know why, but this exchange is my personal favorite Heenan quote on commentary:

Bobby: Did you see Tatanka today?
    Gorilla: Yes I did.
    Bobby: Did you say hi to him the right way?
    Gorilla: (Groaning) How’s that?
    Bobby: Heyhowareya! Heyhowareya!
    Gorilla: Will you STOP!

8. Big Andy says:

** he was thrown out of the building, not off of one.

I have to admit I thought this pic was going to be sadder but I think he looks better than last time I saw him (the video where someone’s asking “how many horsemen were there?”). He looks a lot happier here too.

I would PAY to read a Heenan blog.

9. Sheila says:

Heartbreaking!

10. Boobs Heenan says:

Depending on how recent that is, Bobby actually looks better. There for a while, he looked like he was not long for this earth at all. I was expecting the death headline any day. He was skin and bones and had that grey ashy color that is usually a sign of bad things to come. He looks much healthier here.