Former TNA grappler diagnosed with pulmonary cancer

Hector Garza was diagnosed over the past few days with pulmonary cancer which is lung cancer mainly caused by smoking or inhaling other substances such as asbestos and will have to go through 6 chemotherapy sessions to try to rid him of the disease which is forcing him into temporary retirement. Hector needs all the prayers in the world right now because this is serious business.

Tags:

1. nathan says:

Damn…I remember watching him in TNA. I enjoyed his time there a lot and I was really confused as to why he left in the first place, guess it was due to visa issues but wow. I hope he gets through this and pulls through!

2. -J- says:

God bless, cancer sucks ass.

3. James says:

That sucks. I remember his early days in WWE, WCW, and TNA. He was really phenomenal. Get well, Hector. Give it the Tornillo.

4. Darren says:

I remember him in TNA, that’s when TNA was actually very good. The world tourney they had where he led Team Mexico to a win was one of the best things TNA ever did. Get well soon Hector, you’re in our thoughts and prayers.

5. Hipnosis says:

Damn. I love Hector Garza. I loved when they had a feud with him and Jeff Jarrett and he did a moonsault and in mid air got hit with a Guitar! One of my favorite TNA moments. I pray for him to be healthy very soon!

6. Kid Vicious says:

phenomenal? lol
    what next? fred ottman gets a brain tumour, suddenly he becomes an in-ring sensation!

7. rob says:

I get it, Kid, you’re vicious.

Hector Garza got a lot of shine in TNA, but was still underrated.

All perceptions aside, I hope he’s able to beat the cancer. Not because he’s an entertainer, but because he’s a human.

8. Kid Vicious says:

rob, i hope he’s able to beat it too. no one want to see another under-50 inductee to the dead-wrestler-club.
    my point was, that to us internet marks, a week ago Hector Garza was just another average entertainer that got a crack at the big time. one unfortunate cancer diagnosis later and he’s a phenom. please.

and my name… better than Dynamite Sid!
    :D

9. Kerry says:

Hector Garza was a part of TNA when it was original & still good! Best wishes.

10. Ed says:

Sad news. I really liked how TNA pushed him in the X Divison. Surprised he never won the X belt while he was there.

11. rob says:

I can dig it, Kid Viscous. Thanks for the solid follow up too, KV.

12. t.n.a-s.u.x says: