Jim Cornette Replaced In ROH

It appears that James E. Cornette is no longer Head Of Creative at Ring Of Honor. He has been replaced by Hunter Johnson, better known to wrestling fans as “Delirious”.

Tags: ,

1. Really? says:

Well, that’s a step up, but not a big enough step up. Delirious’ time booking ROH in the past was better than today, but hardly their best.

2. Al says:

Definitely, overall I like both Delirious and Cornette, but I’d rather see Delirious in the ring and I’d like to see ROH have a guy who books like Gabe Sopolsky, but with his own ideas at the same time.

3. Mr Green lol says:

sad to see Cornette go, always thought he had a great mine for wrestling. so Delirious is now booker and Head Of Creative? whats his resume for having those job titles in ROH. i think Adam Pearce did a better job then Delirious. but no one has been better then Gabe Sopolsky. just look at Dragon Gate USA to ROH, I think DG:USA is 10x better then ROH. i just wish ROH would have better story lines. the Kevin Steen story line can only go so far as the main story

4. Boss says:

Gabe likes spot monkeys…he doesn’t know how to book!

5. Zomas says:

It’s official, Jim Cornette has been demoted, fired or forced out from the booking position and/or booking committee of every major wrestling organization.

6. ironFNmaiden says:

@Zomas: major? Lol, lets just hold the phone sir.

7. Really? says:

@ Boss

He booked the original Summer of Punk, and Samoa Joe’s epic title reign. He booked Generation Next when a big chunk of his stars left and kept it at the same level without them. People overrate his booking, but he seems to have a philosophy that works much better in ROH than anyone else – stay out of the way of the talent. Book to their strengths. If Sapolsky had the book, we wouldn’t have seen Davey Richards cutting long promos, or have ROH trying to introduce the company to a new television audience with bland squash matches.

8. Ed says:

About time. Cornette’s booking killed any imterest I’ve had in RoH. I really havent kept up since the Steen/Generico feud ended. I tried to get back into it when Steen returned, but it just didnt interest me.