WWE releases popular diva

In a short statement on WWE.COM today it was announced that WWE Diva Kelly Kelly has been released from her contract and is no longer part of the company. “WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Diva Kelly Kelly as of today, September 28, 2012. WWE wishes Kelly Kelly the best in all her future endeavors,” the statement said. Kelly took an almost three month break from her WWE duties this year and returned during an episode of RAW in early August. The 25 year old Florida native joined WWE in 2006 after signing a developmental contract. Kelly – real name Barbara Blank -made her WWE TV debut on ECW in the first episode of the new weekly show in May that year, becoming the youngest Diva on the WWE roster. In 2008 she moved to Monday Night RAW and started her way on becoming one of the most popular WWE Divas ever. During her WWE stint she won one major title, the WWE Divas title.

(thanks to Colin Vassallo)

Tags: ,

1. Negro Joe says:

Yesssssss!

2. Del says:

WWE are cutting back on the women. They barely get on TV as it is. Just be done with it and make a few of them valets.

3. RYDER-MAN says:

What? How will the replace her? How else will the find a girl with fake blonde hair, bleach capped teeth, tons of make-up, fake boobs, and average athletic ability?

4. MattR says:

@Ryder-man
    Last I heard her natural hair color was blonde and her boobs were real…. I agree with the rest though.

5. Snow says:

@Ryder-man

Just go into any city in the USA. So many useless fake blond, fake boobed, orange bimbos there.

6. Steve says:

I hope she starts doing awesome modelling now.

7. theo says:

kelly kelly is old news.. she became expendible when aj became the sexiest diva

8. theo says:

and once a sexier diva than aj come along aj will be expendible

9. Daniel says:

This sucks. I really like Kelly, she’s a great talent and fun to watch in the ring. I’m sure she’ll move onto bigger and better things as she’s very talented and still young enough to do a lot with her career. I wish her the best.

10. Dave K says:

Come on now, the look is part of what the WWE is famous for. But really, why do they even sign the women if there is “no creative plan” for them. Ever since Lita, Trish, Tara, and Mickie James, there hasn’t been any focus on the Divas division. At least Impact devotes time to theirs. Just like the WWE doesn’t really focus on tag teams either. It’s more throw storylines together that make no sense and make impromptu tag matches. They could certainly forget storylines such as the Kane/Bryan therapy angle and others if they wanted to focus on tag teams or Divas.

11. Meh says:

Beth Phoenix will be leaving too.

As we previously reported, Beth Phoenix is finished up with World Wrestling Entertainment. According to the Wrestling Observer, Phoenix had considered leaving the company for some time with the idea of pursuing an acting career. The former diva champion will be gone from the WWE once her contract expires at the end of the month.

In a related note.

WWE ’13 Diva roster

DIVAS (11)
    AJ (DLC)
    Alicia Fox
    Beth Phoenix (gone at the end of the month)
    Brie Bella (released)
    Eve
    Kelly Kelly (released)
    Kharma (released)
    Nikki Bella (released)
    Lita (inactive; not on current roster)
    Trish Stratus (inactive; not on current roster)
    Stephanie McMahon (inactive; not on current roster)

The only announced divas for WWE ’13 on the current WWE roster so far are AJ, Alicia Fox and Eve.

12. Paul says:

Kaitlyn said her attacker was blonde. Well, we can cross Kelly off the list.

13. TL says:

No one should be blaming WWE for this one. She wanted her release. She’ll be fine.

14. -J- says:

Great news! Purge the garbage.

15. Me says:

The rumor I heard was that, in 2006, both Alicia Fox (Victoria Crawford) and Kelly Kelly (Barbara Blank) were hired solely on their appearances in swimsuit catalogs.

16. mikey says:

Her duties as ring rat aré no longer needed.

17. Hipnosis says:

Debatable on whether she’s popular lol

18. God? says:

Maybe there is a god…

19. Fisha695 says:

@TL, Exactly she wanted her release so that she could do some non-PG modeling. Supposedly she had a rather big-money offer from Playboy but she had to wait til after she was out of her WWE contract to accept it.

20. Thegio says:

Snow shut up!

21. deathedge says:

Dang, and I thought that Kelly was going to return as a heel. Not that I’m saddened by this. I never was really a fan of hers. Even when she did her stripper sctick, I couldn’t believe how not turned on I was. The only times I found her even slightly entertaining was with Extreme Expose (which she was the most talentless member of) and when Kane fell in love with her and then it was revealed that she had been with Randy Orton… I think. I never really got that, but I remember Kelly making Orton look like Laurence Olivier by comparision during that segment

22. Eric says:

Aj….sexier than kelly?….what?

23. ironFNmaiden says:

I don’t wanna be the “sexiest” guy here…but I personally find no appeal in women’s wrestling UNLESS they’re athletes…..I have not cared about a diva’s match since Chyna…… Beth is great but still not enough to make me care. I think they need to just nix the whole idea. I remember early TNA in like 04 and junk…no knockouts……just ladies dancing in a cage lol.