Daniel Bryan: “That was the Night I Nearly Killed Shawn Michaels.”

WWE.com has published a new article taking a look at the training of various superstars. One half of the WWE Tag Team Champions (or, the only Tag Team Champion, if you will) Daniel Bryan is featured in the article and relates the following story about training with Shawn Michaels:

“One night I nearly killed Shawn Michaels. This was before his return from his back injury. I was trying to do a thing where I’d spring off the second rope onto the top rope, spin and do a hurricanrana. Keep in mind, at the time I was 175 pounds, and that’s a lot of weight to land on somebody’s shoulders. I was trying to do it on Brian Kendrick, and it wasn’t working. We thought Brian was too small. He was probably 150 pounds at the time. Shawn watched us do it a couple of times, and he got in the ring and wanted to do it with me. I go to do the hurricanrana, land on him and he ends up landing right on his head and rolls right out of the ring. We all freaked out. That was the night I nearly killed Shawn Michaels.”

Tags: , ,

1. ROB_MOR says:

Love how misleading that title is – thought there was heat … nope, just a botch

2. Big Andy says:

3. Rex Anderson says:

Damn man, just damn

4. MoneyInTheBank187 says:

Its not a botch when they were practicing. A botch is when both wrestlers are fully prepared ahead of time and someone fks it up.

5. Oop says:

“I picture Shawn’s lessons being similar to being in a class taught by Gilderoy Lockhart.”

Who?

6. deathedge says:

And yet he was still better then Sin Cara. ZING!

7. rob says:

You think you’re right, MITB187? Does there need to be a crowd to constitute a botch? I thought for sure a botch was anything that wasn’t executed just right, despite who was in attendance to witness it. How is training and practice any less real than an actual booked wrestling card? Anytime that a wrestler is in the ring there is a chance of failed execution and effectively the opportunity to injure someone else. A botch, in this sense, is a maneuver that puts someone else at risk by not being executed as planned. I do not think that wrestling is any less real if there isn’t a crowd to witness a botch, so I am going to stand by my case and go on the record as saying that any time that a professional wrestler is unable to deliver a maneuver as intended, even if said move takes place during training.

8. Jon says:

arguing about what a botch is or isnt? whats the point.

9. rob says:

You just botched my argument. Damage.