Jerry Lawler collapses on the set of Raw

Arda Ocal via Twitter:

He is being carried away by personnel to the backstage area. He appeared unconscious as he was being carried.

I sincerely hope Jerry is OK. When I looked over he was hunched over convulsing in his seat and collapsed, then multiple ppl carried him out

Tags: , ,

1. Dave K says:

Just saw Cole very shaken up on set. Thoughts and prayers are with Jerry.

2. fonzy campos says:

My prayers go out

3. Fisha695 says:

This goes to show how Professional and how Legit of a Broadcaster Cole really is (remember he was an actual news reporter specialized as a War Corespondent before he made the jump to WWE). I know damn well that if somebody I had considered a friend & worked with for the past almost 20 years was in the situation that Jerry was I would not have stayed at the table continuing to call matches I’d have been gone walking right next to the stretcher.

It takes somebody with true broadcasting skills & dedication to hold it together and solider on (no pun intended) like he has. Though the fact that there is no commentary on the Sheamus match is kind of scaring me….. :(

4. Rusty Shackleford says:

Cole’s not saying a thing and is just hunched down. I really hope he didn’t get worse news. Keep fighting, Jerry.

5. James says:

I think something really bad happened because Cole has been dead silent for some time now.

6. Paul says:

This does not seem good at all. As some one that grew up tape trading to get mid_south and uswa vhs tapes and was a huge Jerry Lawler fan I pray this is not as bad as it appears to be

7. raven12516 says:

Michael Cole was at the desk the whole time? I thought he want back, because I didn’t see him at the desk.

8. sdot says:

Pray 4 jerry hope hes ok I have a bad feeling rite now

9. Dusty says:

Wow you can tell that Cole is severely shaken up. This does not seem good, hopefully Jerry is alright.

10. Boogeyman says:

God bless you Jerry lawler!

11. Rusty Shackleford says:

At least he’s breathing on his own right now, according to Cole. That’s huge. If he really lost consciousness, I’m worried about the potential for brain damage if he wasn’t getting oxygen to his brain, but I’m so relieved to hear he’s breathing on his own.

12. mike derucki says:

Still nothing from cole. This isn’t good. I really hope The King is okay.

13. margaret /russell gibson says:

we have watched you sence we were kids our prayers and thoughts are with you ,we love you and hope you get better soon ,YOU ARE THE KING OF PRO WRESTLING we love you jerry get well soon

14. Big Andy says:

I grew up in Louisville, uswa/smoky mountain territory, Jerry’s been a staple in my wrestling watching life for 30+ years. When I was about 10, my mom saw him at the airport and he autographed something for me and my brother. When she gave it to us I couldn’t believe it. He was a heel at the time (wrestling was still a secret and kayfabe ‘wasn’t kayfabe’). I remember being amazed at how nice that was, and it made me respect him. (he did play a awesome heel back in the day, when he was heel and I was a super mark). I’ve loved Lawler ever since.

My heart sank when I was elsewhere and read a very scary headline about what happened tonight. I’m literally sad as f*ck right now and even though I don’t believe in God, if Jerry does, may He bless and protect him.

Sorry for the long post and a story you all prov don’t care about. I just had to get that off my chest. Get well King.