Superstar and WWE part ways

Tyler Reks via Twitter:

For those that don’t have a FaceBook page:

I just want to say thank you to WWE, Inc. for allowing me to be part of an incredible entertainment experience. On Monday, I asked for my release and the company was gracious enough to grant my request.

I realized recently that being a Superstar means sacrificing certain things, including time with my family. As a new father, my heart broke every time I had to leave to go on the road. I didn’t ever want to miss another moment with my daughter, so I made the decision to be a full time dad and hang up my boots.

I will miss everyone in the locker room tremendously as they have all become a second family to me. I want to thank my coaches and teachers that really helped me along the way: Fit Finlay, Arn Anderson, Edge, Christian, Kane, Jericho, Dr. Tom, Norman Smiley, and Billy Kidman.

I also want to thank my boys. You know who you are. Especially though, a huge thank you to Hawkins. You were like a brother to me the last year and I’ll miss you and will always love you bro. I wish you the best and thanks for understanding that I had to go be a dad. When she’s older, and able to realize what happened, I know Mia will thank you as well.

Thanks to all the dedicated fans of #ReksAndHawkins and to The #RekkingCrew. I would never have survived without you.

For anyone interested, I am currently the owner of an Internet Marketing Company that specializes in Search Engine Optimization, Pay-Per-Click, Website Design, and Reputation Management. You can find my company here:

If you need any of our services, don’t hesitate to contact me. And yes, there’s even a cartoon on the multimedia page ;)

Tags: ,

1. Meh says:

Hopefully the return of the Major Broskis.

But with Tyler Reks (debuted June 30th 2009 on ECW) gone that means Trent Barreta (debutted December 1st, 2009 on ECW) is now the longest current male superstar in the WWE to have never been in a WWE game. (Should Trent go too then it would fall to Darren Young and Ryback/Skip Sheffield whom debutted February 23 2010 on season 1 of NXT)

2. Drew says:

I bet he quit because of that new male stripper gimmick.

3. Travis says:

We would like to wish job guy Chuck Palumbo Version 2.0 the best with all of his future endeavors.

4. -J- says:

Another big guy with no direction in wwe…meh.

5. MC Live says:

Minus the stripping, I thought he and Hawkins had potential in the new Tag division

6. trev bourne says:

another sign wwe have no idea what to do with wrestlers

7. GTS= go to sleep, sleepy head! says:

Big surprise there, who are they gonna call up from AAA er I mean NXT.

8. James says:

I respect his decision. It’s very noble.

9. Fisha695 says:

l0l @ people blaming the WWE for this. The dudes Wife/GF/Baby-Momma just had a kid so he’s taking a sabbatical so he can actually be a father to his kid unlike a lot of other wrestlers.

10. Steveoreno says:

Wow. A lot of clasless children posting on this page. Reks is a classy guy. He couldn’t have been more smart in his decision. Being a dad is an awesome experience not worth missing. Maybe some of you posters on here could have used a decent father.

11. He wasn’t just another big guy. He had bags and bags of talent and could, should have been a main event player.

12. Chris James says:

Randy Orton said in his DVD that he sometimes worries when he gets home if his daughter is gonna remember him and hug him or not remember or react to him at all… I don’t blame Reks at all and I respect him for not being selfish