Iron Sheik on Mahal using the camel clutch; Chavo Classic comments

In an interview with WWE.com, Iron Sheik comments:

“First, I want to say hello to all my [WWE] fans. That was my hold, only Iron Sheik hold, and now the Indian man come and use it. He never ask me, never talk to me … and now he use my hold. If I was a young Iron Sheik, I can suplex him … humble him first and then I show him my Camel Clutch, but I never got to that point. Now he using me, he use my greatest hold, the Camel Clutch, I don’t know. Sometimes I can be happy that the Indian come use my hold, sometimes I can be unhappy because why you have to use my hold? Only one Iron Sheik, one Camel Clutch. No one else in the young generation try to be the Iron Sheik [besides Jinder Mahal], but he is not Iron Sheik.”

Chavo Guerrero Sr. replied via Facebook:

sheik complainig that the indian wrestler using hiS cameL clutch, that camel clutch was invented by non other than GORY GUERRERO, MY FATHER

Tags: ,

1. advo319 says:

Love the Iron Sheik. I think he’s hilarious. But leave the drunken butthurt over finishers to Kurt Angle.

2. Dallas Star says:

and muhamed hassan. he was another middle eastern stereotype

3. Zach says:

What about when Sabu used it?

4. Fisha695 says:

@Zach, Sabus’ uncle Ed “The Sheik” Farhat actually used the move long before the Iron Sheik came along and started using it. Matter of fact The Iron Sheiks’ gimmick was actually patterned off of The Sheik but as a more edgier version (Sheik was a heel who was known for being sort of a heel because he had classic slow “boring” matches, whereas Iron Sheik was a heel with the heat of the Iran Revolution behind him).

5. SheikyBaby says:

Iron Sheik number 1!

Jinder Mahal HAAAAAK THEWWWWIEE!

6. -J- says:

wrasslers rip moves everyday bah.

7. rebel says:

Anyone noticed that the interview was with wwe.com? Sheik’s kayfabing, character mode, he knows he didn’t invent the hold. There’s an old KC shoot called ‘Rebuilding the Sheik’, check it out, you’ll get some real insight on the guy.

8. Meh says:

Rikishi used the Camel Clutch too as a finisher back when he was The Sultan. (another middle eastern stereotype)

Tiger Ali Singh (another middle eastern stereotype) also used the Camel Clutch as a finisher.

9. cesar says:

i wonder how many “faks” and “gay hulk hogan” were deleted in that sheik’s statement :p

10. Craig says:

TBH i think anyone who things this is a genuine comment would have a lonely brain cell if they got given one, it was done by WWE.com so it was a in character interview.