AW’s Twitter comments after WWE firing

“Let this be a lesson to up and coming talent in the WWE don’t try and be great like the Rock or Stone Cold. WWE isn’t the same.”

“Thank you WWE for creating me and then killing me because I only portrayed what I grew up watching.”

“I love entertaining people and the standup stage is what is next for me. If you think that Kobe joke was bad wait till you hear my Vince jokes.”

Tags: ,

1. Con Cara says:

AW’s a freaking moron.

2. jayson says:

Your a moron aw made a joke about a rapist and they fire him the wwe makes no sense to do that and that joke was the highlight of a crappy raw pg sucks just like you suck con cara so get a life.

3. Mike says:

Wow didn’t know AWs sorry ass had marks. Guess everyone gets a few now a days. Anyone remember what a real manager was. AW was a disgrace to a position once held by greats like Fuji, Hennan, Blassi, Albano and the rest of the lot of awesome managers. Root beer is even ashamed to share the same initials as his sorry ass.

4. Jon says:

Who cares. However, i do have to say that wwe is very much hypocrites. Randy Orton got suspended for drugs, much worse than a outdated joke about rape that noone really understood anyways and his reward, he gets a mega push and his own movie. AW may not have been the best but to say he’s a moron pretty much means that you are praising wwe for firing this guy over a joke that half the audience missed yet totally ignoring the fact that guys like Orton who do drugs gets rewarded. BE A STAR right? remove the A and use the initials and thats what WWE has turned into.. BS.

I guess Kane should be fired for raping lita, i guess hhh should be fired for raping a dead corpse.

What people fail to see is wwe are hypocrites and what AW said is true. How do you expect anyone to step up in the back when the guy who tried to gets canned for a joke that the majority of the tv and live audience totally didnt get.

5. Jon says:

Vince Mcmahon himself, he should be fired because his “kiss my ass club” is alot more insulting than anything AW said.

6. Ryan says:

Over/under on the time it takes him to show up on some Indy show using the gimmick of BJ Promotions?

7. Negroid Joe says:

fired cause he be black. Wwe racist assholes.

8. Kel says:

WWE are hypocrites. CM Punk today on The Opie and Anthony radio show said way worse things than AW.

Gerweck.net should check it out the broadcast from today. Punk made a joke about Jesus being made up and said a lot of X-rated stuff. Somehow I don’t think PG-rated family friendly WWE would want that out there. Not with Linda running for senate.

PS – I think Punk should be able to say anything he wants and WWE’s PG rated kid stuff is total crap. But fair is fair if they fired AW over what he said and let Punk slide.

9. Scott J says:

I think it’s a bad case of double standards. If one of the A listers, like Punk, Hunter, Taker, Orton, Cena or Rock had made the Kobe comment, it would be a slap on the wrist behind closed doors at best. AW’s actual comment doesn’t mention anything specific, it’s all implied. Unless you know the story, it would go over the heads of most people. I think he’s right to have his say on Twitter, especially when he said he only portrayed what he grew up watching. Like I said, it’s double standards.

AW isn’t a big name, so of course he was going to be fired because there’s no way WWE would ever really (not kayfabe) fire those guys because the potential for them to carry their fanbase to TNA would be a risk that Vince would be unwilling to take, unless Orton gets his third strike. Now as for Punk’s comments on that radio show, people love that Punk speaks his mind and is that really news? It’s Punk’s character and there’s your double standard once again.

10. -J- says:

lot of things wrong with wwe these days, this is just another example…the good ole days are over.

11. Chillgentleman says:

There’s double standards at every company. If I work customer service and make that joke I would get fired, but I bet a Senior Director makes it he wouldn’t. I don’t think he should’ve got fired over the comment but I have no problem with WWE firing him over it.

12. Bissdogg says:

WWE fires AW for Rape joke but has convicted rapist in the HOF???? Plus the joke wouldve went over everyones head had TMZ not jumped on it

13. chris says:

AW fully has the right to be angry over this. I dunno, I think the dude was doing a real good job. he was funny and offensive, pretty great qualities of a heel manager. the E dropped the ball on him, hope he finds big success somewhere else, the dude deserves it!

14. Tyler says:

I thought AW’s joke was hilarious. That’s the kind of smack talk guys give each other in a basketball game L O L The only thing wrong he did was do it on national TV.

15. Chris Epic says:

Like TJ Perkins said, he cared more about a paycheck than his beliefs if he waited til after being fired to speak out. If its really that bad everyone would quit