Live WWE Money in the Bank PPV coverage: MITB match

- We see a promo for Summerslam on 8/19

(7) Money in the Bank ladder match: John Cena vs. Kane vs. Chris Jericho vs. Big Show vs. The Miz

– Cole noted that this is Kane’s 6th MITB match, a record

– They played up that this is Cena’s first MITB match, and noted that he won many of his “first” matches.

Miz all alone in the ring, goes for the brief case, but is stopped by Cena, but the two get nailed by the Big Show. Big Show slams a ladder on Jericho on the outside. On the outside, Cena gave Big Show an Attitude Adjustment through the Spanish announce table. The other participants dropped a bunch of ladders on Big show.

Jericho applied the walls of Jericho on The Miz. Later, Miz recovered and climbed the ladder, but Kane nailed Miz with a ladder. Kane climbed the ladder, but Jericho brought him down. Miz and Jericho double suplexed Kane onto a ladder. AA to Kane, who landed on the Miz on a ladder.

After several minutes, The Big Show came up through the ladders to stop Jericho from climbing a ladder. Big Show tossed most of the ladders out of the ring. Show went under the ring to bring out a huge gold ladder. Show sets up his ladder in the middle of the ring, and starts to climb. He puts his hand on the brief case, but Kane climbed the opposite side of the ladder. Show was able to stop Kane, but Cena ran up and also couldn’t stop Big Show. Jericho hit Big Show from behind with a chair, and finally Show was back on the mat. Jericho climbed one side of the ladder, and Cena the other side. Both reached for the brief case. Jericho applied a sleep on Cena, forcing him to climb down the ladder. Cena started to climb the ladder again with Jericho on his back still applying the sleeper. Finally Cena fell from the ladder. Jericho grabbed the case, but at the same time, Miz went for it as well. Jericho swung from the chain holding the case. Big Show started to climb the ladder. He nailed Jericho. Cena blocked a punch with the brief case. As Cena swings the briefcase at Show, it comes loose, and Cena wins at 20:02.

Tags: , ,

1. havok says:

and the gold ladder makes its return

2. Damian says:

A gold ladder, really? I have to see a picture of this?…

3. havok says:

he used it at the 2010 sd mitb…check it out

4. Jamie says:

Was that an intentional finish?

5. WNR says:

Wow, super Cena wins again…I’m so shocked….Did my sarcasm carry through there?

6. James says:

WWE continues to pander to the little kids and teen girls… So annoying, their gonna lose real fans if they don’t stop.

7. Chris Epic says:

Wtf happen, compared to last year this sucked anus

8. Daniel says:

Wow…Cena wins again…yay…I’m so excited (bland, monotone voice btw)

9. D9000 says:

I am thinking the same? Didn’t really look intentional to me..

10. ironFNmaiden says:

I really don’t know if this finish was planned…..I mean if it was break away they would NOT have had Jericho swinging on it like he did because that could ruin everything…….the ppv had 12 min left…….idk…….odd

11. RMT says:

I garuntee cena loses when he cashes in

12. Ray H. says:

@Jamie I think so. When Jericho and Miz were up there, they were messing with the briefcase and the latch. I think that maybe they released something so that Cena could break it off. Either way, I saw him winning it.

13. Ryno says:

botched finish. Pretty sure Miz was supposed to win. Lots of time left and no reason for Miz to come back tonight instead of waiting for Raw 1000.

14. G3 says:

cenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

15. Jamie says:

@Ray – I’m not denying that the right guy won, just not sure if he was meant to win at that particular moment. The timing seemed a little odd to me is all. Like you say though, it could have been planned that way

16. jasonX2 says:

All you that are dissing cena dont watch the product if you dont like what you see simple as! bunch of bloody marks Go watch tna if you’s aint happy..

17. ironFNmaiden says:

why are you guys hating on Cena so much? There is not a single difference between his treatment and the treatment given to Hulk Hogan in the 80s. Super Cena is just Hulkamania…..maybe because there was not internet back then I just didn’t hear the negatives, but I don’t recall people getting mad that the biggest star (mostly due to child viewers) would win over and over.

I’m not a Cena fan, but you guys are just annoying and simply jumping on a hate bandwagon. Give me the difference between the treatments, and if you cannot then get over yourselves.

18. -J- says:

shocking!

nah.

19. jasonX2 says:

@ironFNmaiden totally agree with you man

20. Gweedo says:

Cena is putting butts in the seats and selling merchandise so you gotta go with what’s workin for ya @ironFNmaiden hit it right on the head good sir

21. James says:

@Jasonx2 We’re marks? We’re marks for hating Cena’s bland and stale “super” routine? Give me a break, its you blind Cena lovers that are marks.

Open your eyes and wake up. This is exactly like the Hogan BS years ago that someone mentioned.

He puts butts in seats… little butts that don’t fill the seat. He only attracts little kids and teen girls which for some reason WWE is pandering to right now.

22. jasonX2 says:

Haha james seriously man cena has done a lot for the buisness and your obv the mark just wanting to insult any wrong you see so why dont you stop watching wrestling as a mark and watch it as a fan the kids and women love him big deal theirs a reason why hes always in the mainevent and its because of what he has done for the buisness if you dnt like it then why watch it? Seriously its people like you that are killing this buisness!!

Ps im not even a cena fan but i damn well respect the guy.