7/14 ROH house show results from Milwaukee, WI
Jul 15, 2012 - by Steve Gerweck
Credit: Blake Reilly & ProWrestling.net
Meet and Greet: Me and my father-in-law stopped to get pictures with Jay Lethal and Kevin Steen. Michael Elgin and Rhino were also there. It didn’t seem like many people were there to see Rhino, especially at $10 an autograph/picture.
The show opened with Jim Cornette addressing Kenny King and the tag title situation. King got major heat from the crowd over how he left. Cornette announced the tournament that will be on TV and that the new tag team champions will be crowned at the Death Before Dishonor IPPV in Chicago Ridge on 9/15.
1. Rhett Titus defeated Mike Sydal.
2. Jay Lethal defeated Mike Mondo. Mondo looked like he hurt his ankle during the match and it looked like he was going to have to leave the match. This brought out Cornette to say that Lethal would win the match if Mondo couldn’t continue. This got boos from the crowd. This led to Mondo grabbing the mic from Cornette and saying that he never quits and to his credit got back the ring and finished the match.
3. Six Man Tag Match. Honestly, I don’t know who the six men were because the sound system was a bit off and the crowd was extremely loud. I can tell you that the crowd was chanting for Samson and he got the pin.
4. Kyle O’Reilly defeated Tadoius Thomas via submission. Before the match O’Reilly addressed the crowd and said he didn’t tap out at Best in the World (cue up the You Tapped Out chants) but he did bloody up Adam Cole. This got massive heat which was awesome because he was the first true heel of the show at this point.
5. Roderick Strong (w/Truth Martini) defeated BJ Whitmer. Truth and Roderick cut promos before the match the get the crowd going crazy.
Intermission (during which I picked up a copy of Border Wars).
6. Michael Elgin defeated Silas Young. Truth came out with Elgin and went to cut a promo but Elgin took the mic. He put over Young huge (to the delight of the crowd who were extremely happy to see the hometown boy) and sent Truth to the back. Match of the night no questions asked.
7. Rhino (w/Truth Martini) defeated Eddie Edwards. Truth came back out after Elgin’s match and stayed out to introduce Rhino to major heat.
8. The Briscoes defeated Kevin Steen and Jimmy Jacobs. The match originally went to a double countout but this brought Cornette back out to say that this crowd paid to see a winner and a loser and made the match a anything goes match (massive pop).
The match ended after Jay put Steen through a table after jumping from the balcony (over the crowd, the barricade, clearing the ropes in the process) and then Matt pinned Jacobs. This was a sight to be seen to truly be believed.
After the match Steen and Jacobs attacked the Briscoes and the crowd started throwing beer cans into the ring. This brought out Rhett Titus for the save. He cleared the ring then cut a promo addressing how pissed he was that he had to be stripped of the tag belts and said that he and the Briscoes were ROH and are not going anywhere. From the tone of the promo, it looked like they might start giving Titus a main event push. Fantastic show.