ICP records a Chris Benoit track

The Insane Clown Posse’s new CD features a song titled, “Chris Benoit.” Violent J spoke to Freep about the song, which he described as follows…

“It’s about that loss of sanity. It’s about the snapping, that moment of panic.”

source: freep.com

Tags:

1. shay says:

Nothing says class or exceptional members of society like Insane Clown Posse or Insane Clown Posse fans. And by class, I meant trailer trash; by exceptional members of society, I mean fans that make fries and flip burgers at McDonalds that still live in their parents basement.

2. Joe says:

Not to mention no one even knows for sure what happened that night or in the mind of Benoit. So they are basically just talking about something they know nothing about.

3. Joe says:

My comment before my previous was deleted because I put in a quote from ICP. So I’ll give a brief summary.

ICP is most likely doing this for shock value.

If they aren’t doing it for shocks they still shouldn’t. A morally challenge group of people defending someone isn’t going to do anything besides make things worse.

Here is an example of the band that will be doing this song about Chris Benoit. Censored this time.

“Yo’…S*CK MY B*LLS!!!
    All I wanna do is ch*ke a b*tch
    Roll up a j*mmy and sm*ke the b*tch
    I dropped outta school and I quit my job
    All I wanna be is a fat f*ckin’ slob”

Sad excuse for what people think is music.

4. MoneyInTheBank187 says:

ICP sucks in all aspects of music and wrestling. They corrupt the minds of misguided youth and should be sued by the Benoit family for Millions !

5. Fisha695 says:

The great Verne Gagne murdered somebody a few years ago, was not charged or vilified because it was determined he was not mentally well when he did it.

Hundreds of other people over just the past decade killed people & for all intents and purposes “Got away with it” & weren’t vilified by the masses because of their mental state.

The only apparent difference between them & Benoit? Benoit took his own life so he couldn’t be found to be not mentally in the right mind thus not charged. Which brings up another point, say Benoit would’ve done the same thing except not killed himself & then found mentally ill like Verne Gagne…. What would the reaction & legacy be of Benoit then? People don’t think less of Gagne because of what he did, so why if Benoit was of the same reduced mental state should people think less of him?

6. dave says:

I think its not meant to be disrespectful although it is. Making profit through the making of a song that highlights a tragic time where a child was murdered.

HOWEVER, they’re not the first band to tread such ground and I think there is a ‘fascination’ in how a widely respected guy who was regarded as calm personified could snap like he did. He became his persona so to speak so maybe he became everything he was in the industry through a transferable emotion he felt about the practices of wrestlers, the death of friends, the constant pressures and the on going head trauma. But the fact is, he still committed a crime and while I would argue a diminished responsibility there were signs of calm and logic when he placed the bodies in beds with bibles..as I believe is the case.

I’d lay off ICP, it is cheap as they will make profit but there is a legitimate fascination in the case if you’ve actually read about it.

7. Meh says:

ICP are not the first. One of Heltah Skeltah’s songs (Hellz Kitchen) also mentions Chris Benoit in its lyrics.

8. james says:

I HOPE THEY BENOIT AND NANCY BENOIT FAMILY SUES ICP FOR EVERYTHING THEY GOT SO THEY FEEL HOW IT IS TRULY LIKE TO BE POOR AND HAVE NOTHING.

9. Kane H says:

wow…… such arrogance…. how sad is it when people judge what they clearly do not understand?

I’m sorry, you thought I meant the lyrics? No no, I didnt mean to confuse you. I meant most of you people putting down ICP, Juggalo’s & Juggalette’s on practically every board involving them. You see the face paint and hear random lyrics and misjudge it all comepletly. There is more to it all. I’m 19 years old and in college studying law and I currently work as a manager at a large warehouse. I started at the warehouse when I 17. 1 more thing about me, I’m a Proud Juggalo.

The song itself isn’t strictly about Chris Benoit. Again, there’s more to it. That is just the title they used. It’s about the moment of just losing your mind and snapping.

As for the lyrics used in a reply by Joe, it’s called entertainment. Personally I find those lyrics funny, along with the rest of that song.

And for James. They were broke & homeless. Therefore they do know what it’s like to “feel how it is truly like to be poor and have nothing”

Have a nice day.

10. Paul says:

What a bunch of pricks Insane clown posse. Hope they all get set on fire.