Current plans for Money in the Bank and Summerslam

The current plan is to hold John Cena off the upcoming Money in the Bank PPV, which takes place July 15th. The goal is put Cena back into the WWE championship picture in August, to set up Cena challenging CM Punk for the WWE title at Summerslam. Thus, the top two planned Summerslam matches are tentatively Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H and Cena vs. Punk for the WWE championship.

source: wrestlinobserver.com

Tags: , , , ,

1. art123guy says:

The good news being the WWE championship belt may FINALLY main event a PPV this year.

2. Anony-Mouse says:

Nope, the main spot will go to Brock/HHH

3. TNA says:

ohhh Great lets have punk vs cena AGAIN!!! just shows you how patheitc wwe is getting rehashing old feuds and not being able to produce younger stars i got 2 words for wwe – IMPACT WRESTING!!!!!

4. 50 shades of gay says:

Word life this is basic “CRAP”

5. Me says:

A few weeks ago, WWE planned for Big Show to challenge CM Punk for the championship and Sheamus to take on the returning Orton, or Alberto. … Current plans change fast …

6. Neumanrko9 says:

I think Daniel Bryan should beat CM Punk for the title at MITB then set up a Cena/Bryan feud at SS, that would be money in my opinion

7. Fisha695 says:

There was a MiTB commerical on RAW last week (or maybe it was the week before) that featured Del Rio climbing the ladder and grabbing the World Title.

8. Michael says:

If Show’s not in the WWE Title match at Summerslam, what is the purpose of him being in Money In The Bank?

9. bill says:

dont put cena back in the title picture wwe
    it will cause you to lose even more fans

10. Rusty Shackleford says:

Can they even have a PPV without Cena?

11. TG says:

I don’t think Cena in a main event loses fans. It might lose guys with Internet access who have decided they have to hate Cena for some reason, but the casual fan and especially child will not be turned off. Too many people making comments that are always so negative. If you hate everything so much why watch at all?

12. Cade Asterik says:

A Summerslam rematch between Cena and Punk? I thought the plans was letting Big Show face Punk for the title, I guess Vince is still sucking on Cena’s cock after all.

13. art123guy says:

TG,

I don’t hate Cena. I just think that it’s sad that the WWE doesn’t feel the WWE title is worth a main event PPV slot. Not ONCE this year. This proves, to me anyway, that the WWE has no faith in Punk as a main eventer. And if they don’t, why should I?

It also cracks me up that the WWE can’t figure out why they have no new main eventers. The fact of the matter is that one day Cena won’t be around and there will be no one to take his place.