6/24 TNA house show results from Hamilton, Ontario
(1) Robbie E. beat Gunner by sitting down on a sunset flip and grabbing the ropes. Pre-match, Robbie said everyone came to watch him fist pump. After a pumping routine, Gunner tried it out himself and fist pumped into delivering a right hand to Robbie. Some “We Want Ryder” chants.
(2) Knockouts champion Miss Tessmacher beat Gail Kim to retain the Knockouts Title. Tessmacher retained with a belly-to-back suplex lift into a facebuster.
(3) Samoa Joe defeated Zema Ion with the Muscle Buster. Earl Hebner, who told several fans to “f— off,” refereed the match while wearing a “Damn Right I Did” t-shirt. I don’t remember hearing a single “You Screwed Bret” chant. Maybe after 15 years, we’re finally over it.
[ 20-minute intermission came 45 minutes after belltime. JB announced that Hulk Hogan sent word that he approves tonight’s main event. ]
(4) James Storm and Mr. Anderson wrestled to a 10-minute time-limit draw in a Bound for Glory Series match, resulting in both men earning 2 points in the BFG Series. How this match had a 10-minute time-limit and Robbie E.-Gunner had a 20 is beyond me. I don’t recall the time-limit being announced pre-match, but I could be wrong. Dueling “Cowboy” and “Asshole” chants during this one. Time expired as Storm hit the Last Call and made the cover. The fans asked for five more minutes, but Hebner declined. Storm pleaded for him to not screw Canada again.
Post-match, Storm put over Canadian beer, called Coors Light “beaver piss,” and offered Anderson a beer. Anderson asked for water and ate another Last Call instead.
(5) X Division champion Austin Aries & TNA tag champions A.J. Styles & Kurt Angle defeated TNA World Hvt. champion Bobby Roode & Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian in a six-man tag match. Aries pinned Daniels following the brainbuster for the finish. Good house show main event to send the fans home happy after very little bell-to-bell ringtime on the first half of the show and a weak finish to the semi-main event. The heels stooged around and cheated behind the ref’s back. They did the old “heels give their own partner arm breakers on the ring apron” comedy spot. Angle was awesome off a hot tag, suplexing everyone, including a double German suplex to Daniels and Kaz. Exciting finishing sequence with everyone hitting their big moves.
Post-match, fans could get their pictures taken with the babyfaces in the ring for $20. Overall, a quick, breezy show. A little underwhelming, but fine enough for a Sunday evening small venue house show with $20 tickets. I enjoyed the last show in Hamilton two years ago more, though.
source: Travis McNeill & PW Torch