Dixie Carter comments on the attendance for Slammiversary

Dixie Carter tweeted:

Slammiversary will be TNA’s biggest PPV attendance ever, and it is close to being the biggest US attended event in our history. Come on DFW

Tags: , , , ,

1. Mike says:

When it’s the biggest PAID attendance then it means something.

2. Captain Ass says:

So they’ll break their usual attendance record of 1,000 in the live audience? That’ll be something to brag about, for sure. (/sarcasm)

3. Steve says:

HATERS!!!

4. -J- says:

awaits inevitable wwe marks comment from a tna sheep.

5. Zach says:

Lol good for them, don’t forget they will soon surpass WCW and ECW in life span, haters will hate, marks will mark, and TNA will continue to be TNA.

6. Chris Epic says:

So what ur saying is they were able to beat their dead horse a bit longer than the other 2?

7. Captain Ass says:

Let’s face it kiddies, TNA only survives because little Dixie’s Daddy has a bottomless bank account. They haven’t earned my respect because they just plain suck.

The one thing I will give them that’s much better than WWE is their women’s division. WWE needs to give a crap about their female competitors too, and I hate how they are treated as far as wrestling goes.

8. TNA Sheeps > Dumb WWE Marks says:

I think we’ll enjoy another 10 years of WWE crybabies whining & dreaming of the death of the only current wrestling promotion on TV. :)

9. Deathedge says:

@Captain Ass

Yeah… and seeing how Brooke Hogan is now the head of that division, I’m sure it’s not going to go down the crapper anytime soon. ^_^ *sweat drops, sarcasam*

@TNA Sheeps > Dumb WWE Marks

Yes, dumb WWE marks dream for the death of the only true wrestling promotion on TV… Ring of Honor.

By the way, the venue they are holding the event at only holds about 7,000 people…

10. MoneyInTheBank187 says:

WCW was around for a long time actually.

11. AJ Starr says:

Astounds me how I always see the two main WWE marks ALWAYS commenting on TNA news.

You guys are either joke names… or you’re trolls. There’s no way you guys literally just wander around all the TNA news bytes JUST to say how crappy the company is. Or, is it you have absolutely nothing else to do with your lives?

12. Joey says:

Sorry guys, I accidentally added to her bottomless bank account. Wish me luck.

13. A-FAX says:

Now I like to be just as critical over TNA as the next guy. I’d also like to make it clear that I’m only critical of the product because I want to see it succeed. I grew up with the wwf and the wcw and the dying days of the awa. I watched the uswa and later the gwf everyday after school. I graduated in 2000. Lots of things changed in the year 2000 and when the dust had settled and we rang in 2001 very soon we saw the landscape of the national scene of pro wrestling drastically altered. This might sound strange to some of you although some of you reading will know exactly what I’m talking about, in the march of 2000 when wcw died it was depressing. Now of coarse its just pro wrestling and life goes on but it effected everyone from Ted Turner to the casual fan and all the way up to Vinnie Mac. I don’t want to see TNA go under. If they aren’t fully self sufficient and Bob Carter is still losing money then I’m glad his daughter is in charge of the company and can convince “Daddy” to keep opening his wallet. Although I think anyone would be naive to think that TNA isn’t making money in 2012. Advertising revenue, international distribution and merchandising, those things add up. And for the guy who said “oh they’ll have more than the usual 1000 people there” TNA’s house shows are very cost effective. They run a card of 5 matches and sell a ton of merch. They’re usually in smaller arenas and buildings that are extremely cheaper than the 20,000 seaters. My point is, if TNA is going to break their attendance record at this Sundays ppv then good for them. I will criticize them when it’s necessary but this isn’t ones of those instances. Christian Cage is gonna be in Dallas, there gonna be hanging from the rafters and TNA will present its 10th year in the business. Sorry for the rambling mess, but sometimes YOUR AMERICAN STANDARD needs to preach a little bit. You want heat? Start a fire. Just my thoughts.

14. brandon says:

let me guess the entire front row will be female plants

15. A-FAX says:

*2001*;-)oops.

16. Daniel says:

I LOVE (/sarcasm) how JUST because people can see a failing company that only exists because of the aforementioned reasons, they are automatically WWE marks. I for one think WWE has been garbage for years but I can still see it’s leaps and bounds better than TNA.

17. theprincedann says:

Lol! I’m guessing all the wwe marks must be children. Enjoying the pg crap? Hahaha. JUST SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE REAL WRESTLING. Where wrestling isn’t a dirty word. Where it is still aimed at adults and not 5 year olds. And how is it a bad thing for the fans if attendance is free? Not as if you are losing money right? Some of the people on this thread are plain dumb.

18. -J- says:

“Where wrestling isn’t a dirty word”…TNA Entertainment LLC.

Like there wasn’t more talk than action on the last 2 episodes of Impact, or we simply basing this logic on the company TNA used to be when they actually did focus on wrestling 5-6 years ago?

19. rob says:

I’ve always thought that Slammiversary should be their biggest PPV of the year.

20. Deathedge says:

@rob

I thought it WAS their biggest PPV of the year!? O_o

21. MoneyInTheBank187 says:

everyones either a mark or a sheep if you disagree with an uptight wrestling fan.